• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Paramol CWE - worried I've OD'ed - reassure me?

raftarebad

Greenlighter
Hey all. I did a Paramol CWE last night (500mg paracetamol/APAP, 7mg dihydrocodeine), and this morning I'm really stressing about whether I've accidentally OD'ed on the APAP. I did a CWE on 20 pills and took them over the course of about six hours (so the totals would have been 10g APAP and 140mg DHC). I maybe wasn't as careful as I should have been with the CWE - used too much water, and the solution was still really cloudy (although I did filter out a tonne of sludge).

Had a sore stomach last night, but mostly gone this morning - I'm feeling a bit rough, but I think that's mostly from the DHC.

Should I be worried? Are there any symptoms I should look out for? I'd feel really stupid going to a hospital out of sheer paranoia.

If it makes any difference, I used to be a heavy user but have mostly stopped (let's say I have a binge like this two or three times a year), and my BMI is 26, so I'm not skin and bones.

You will most likely be fine, you always need to use a freezer for the CWE as it helps the apap turn solid and fall to the bottom, a cloudy look means theres paracetamol in it. But you did do the CWE so it wouldn't be a very high dose, taking 3-5g of paracetamol is bad but it wont kill you although it may affect your liver. i have eaten up to 6g and been fine same with my liver health
You also drank it over a very long timeso you should be g, BUT IF YOU HAVE A DAMAGED LIVER from abuse it could be a cause for concern if you continue to use these pills in an abusive manner. Go get a est done on your liver health to see if you have done any damage

the stomach ache was probably from the dihydrocodeine, but you never know.
paracetamol overdose is pretty innocuous until it gets really serious, the initial syptoms are sweating, pale appearance, nausea and vomiting - did you experience any of those last night? also, if you begin to experience any unusual abdominal pain go right to A&E
you should be okay, but its very hard to tell someones had a serious paracetamol OD until its almost too late, learn from this mate and if you won't pack it in at least take more precaution when you have you next dose.
i hope everyything will be okay, please keep us updated man
best,

There are various vitamins and supplements that you can take to help your liver out in general and now as a precaution.

Most people consider Milk Thistle to be protective of the liver. Multi Vitamins can help your liver out by getting the general process of detoxing your body going and a supplement SAMe can help your liver and apparently mood. Be careful of any possible drug interactions, if you start any supplements.

You should be okay. Even if you accidentally took ALL of the paracetamol it shouldn't hurt you as a one off. However I doubt you did. I myself do CWE's with Paramol and even when I have removed a ton of the paracetamol, the solution still appears pretty cloudy.
You haven't OD'd :).

As a disclaimer, I obviously must add if you experience severe abdominal pain, or feel very unwell, call for an ambulance and tell the truth.

Hey all, sorry for disappearing - I wasn't feeling so great and was getting crazy paranoid, so I went to A&E to get checked out - expected them to check my blood, tell me I was fine and send me home, but they made me stay in overnight hooked up to a drip just in case. I'm not sure if there was anything actually wrong or if it was just a precautionary thing, but yeah.

Not sure what else to say - apparently my liver's fine, and I mostly feel okay, so there's no real damage except for the fact that I feel like a total moron :/

Thanks for all the comments/advice.

You're probably fine. But IMHO - one of the worst things about doing CWEs is the inevitable paranoia that follows lol - was pretty much enough to turn me off them altogether.

I can tell you that dihydrocodeine does cause stomach aches on its own, trust me it's one of my DOC's and even with a tolerance it still kills my stomach. Rennies help a lot.

Also Paramol pills have a lot of thick coating around them, it's easy for that to look cloudy in the water.

I don't think anyone here can tell you for certain if your CWE fucked up or not but in the future honestly just buy the prescription dihydrocodeine 30mg with no paracetamol, they work out cheaper than Paramol for the DHC content you get and you save yourself the effort and paranoia of a CWE.