• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Panic attack or heart attack weed tea and focalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

oova87

Greenlighter
Ok so I am pretty experienced smoking weed and popping pills from time to time. I took only 10 mg of focalin xr (very low dose!) Got all my house work done felt fine. Made me some weed tea with about 2.5 grams of some fire. The bud was so fine in the tea I didn't strain it out as I usually do. Drank up felt great and relaxed until I peacefully passed out. Now around 7 am I wake up because my arm feels weird as I come too, my heart is beating out of my chest I can barely breathe! I am scared out of my mind! I started to vomit, I can see some undigested shake in the vomit. All I can think is I am dying I should call 911 but I don't because I don't want them to find the focalin in my system because it shouldn't be. I still have a few focalin left I want to take them but I am scared to. It's been about a month and I am not sure if it was the tea or the pills. For it to wake me out of my sleep is what scares me. How can a panic attack wake me up, was it a real heart attack?

Panic attacks certainly can wake you out of your sleep, and it's pretty unlikely you had a heart attack, even less so that it was caused by 10mg of focalin. However we can't provide medical assistance from the other side of a computer and if you're concerned, you really should seek medical assistance regardless of what you've been taking.

How often have you used taken methylphenidate in the past, and at what kinds of doses? How long had it been since you'd taken it last? What sort of side effects have you had from it?

I understand that no one, but a doctor can tell me if I had a heart attack. I am just looking for some advice about my experience. I don't have anyone I can talk to about it. I never had a panic attack before not 100% sure what they feel like, or if they can happen in sleep. A few months prior I was on gabapentin for my hips but I started to get anxious and worrisome on it so I quit it. But I never experienced anything like this in my 30 years.

I have taken it for about 6 months, probably 40 mg at most in a day.

Heart attacks are usually (though not always) agonisingly painful right in the heart area. You'll also often feel pain shooting down your left (and sometimes right) arm, and it may feel like an 'elephant' is resting on your chest (chest pressure) and that you find it difficult to breathe. Many people also describe having heartburn-type symptoms.

Contrast that with panic attack symptoms.

I know I had pain in my arm because that is what woke me up. But my heart beating so fast I was scared so I didn't notice chest pain. I just started to chug some water. I know I had extremely bad hot flashes when it finally stopped I was cold. It lasted maybe 10-15 minutes but felt like forever.

You cant tell panic attack from heart problem without an ekg during the event. It wasn't a heart attack, they don't resolve in 15 minutes. It was probably just your body's reaction to the focalin.Don't take any more it might be triggering an arrythmia.

I have taken it for about 6 months, probably 40 mg at most in a day.
Have you been taking focalin frequently? This can interfere with sleep and it could have been like a night-terror upon waking. It's possible that combining it with the tea gave caused an unpleasant interaction too. I tend to agree with Jimmy that a person would need an EKG order to find out if it was a cardiac event. You may never know exactly what happened to but the answers you get here will be speculative in nature so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.