• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Panic attack heart stuff. stimulant use (cocaine/ mephedrone)

Originaldetangler

Greenlighter
Hi there !!

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues

I have Always been a very nervous person . And also a fan of stimulants as they calm me down and make me feel levelled. Normally cocaine altho also mephedrone altho have only really found somewhere to get that this year. Adderall was the nicest thing I ever took altho I only had that twice, and isnt really relevant to this .

Anyhow earlier this year started having panic attacks . First one came on out of nowhere . The second one came at the end of a night of doing about 1.2 grams of mephedrone in bombs. Was utterly terrifying and ended up calling an ambulance cos really thought I was gonna die . Hands down the most horrible experience of my life . But anyhow since then panic attacks have become quite commonplace . And they get set off by everything. Coffee . Half a glass of wine. Thinking about the word "incinerate". Nightmares. Etc .
Anyhow I laid of the stims for a bit afterwards as was scared. Had a line of coke on new years which immediately brought on palpitations and fear and raised heart rate.
Ditto on my bday with small amounts of mephedrone altho didnt have a proper attack just sort of on the verges . Feel like I'm living on the verges of a panic attack all the time at the moment .
Anyhow obviously should lay off the stims for a bit / forever. The doctor says they think I might have panic disorder and my ecg test was all fine altho have slighlty high resting heart rate
Anyhow it feels at the moment like my heart and mechanism is sort of reacting hysterically to everything, and gives me this constant worry that I've ruined my heart somehow , altho apparently I havent .
Has anyone ever had a similar thing ? Not sure how much sense this has made . Sort of freaking out and a bit nonsensical at present!

*** NB I'm 37 so sort of getting to the age where I worry more earnestly about health stuff . Altho have a history of anxiety chest pains , just havent had these panic attacks with thumping heart before **

Last edited:
At first I found it strange that you kept misspelling the word although while managing to spell much harder words without issue. A google search later and now I know that altho is an acceptable way to spell it. Learn something new everyday.

It's not unusual for these types of attacks to suddenly rear their head. Often times, once they start, they become more and more prevalent the longer one continues using. It can get to the point where some people can no longer use stimulants at all. A very long break is probably needed like you suggested.

As far as any actual physical damage: I don't know. If things do not start to improve then you may want to go back and request further testing. Some therapy or other similar may be helpful to get a handle on things as well.