• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Panic attack from Vicodin?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
OK so I'm no stranger to opiates at all so I know exactly how they usually affect me. However, I haven't done any for a few months before today. I took 3 Vicodin 10/325's (like I have dozens of times in the past) a little over an hour ago and got a reaction I've never gotten before.. I started off feeling pretty good after 15 minutes but then it went down hill...
I started to sweat HARD and my heart started racing along with nausea and shakes. I still have those symptoms right now and it feels like a panic attack. I've never felt this before from Vicodin, EVER. Even after stopping for 5 months one time and taking four 10/325's.. Vicodin was actually only a last resort all the time if I couldn't get anything else because it was too weak for me. I hope it not an acetaminophen overdose. I was drinking pretty heavy the day for yesterday but I figured its been over 24 hours so I'd be fine. What's the deal?

My guess is you took a long enough tolerance break that these just hit you hard and you exceeded what you needed. Many factors contribute to drug metabolism from what/when you ate, other drugs in your system, health, etc.

Its just weird.. I've taken a few months off before and always sorta dislikes Vicodin because it never did much for me at all.. Now all the sudden I get that?.. I can agree with the fact that my tolerance musta went down and I just took too much. I just don't understand how my tolerance didn't drop in the past..

Something as simple as taking them on an empty stomach followed by a high fat/spicy meal makes a world of difference for me. And if you don't take them regularly even more so. It took many doses of narcotics before I had one where I felt high instead of sleepy. I could take double the next time and not feel as high. Many factors friend.