• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Panadol/Tylenol with Codeine

mandapanda468

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right spot to post this. I am just a little worried. Yesterday I took around 6 Tylenol/Panadol 500 mg and Codeine 30 mg tabs staggered 3 in the morning around 10 am and 3 in the evening around 5 pm, and then this morning I took 4 more. I am afraid now that I may have damaged my liver :( Is this something I should be worried about? I haven't taken anything like this in weeks, and I don't drink alcohol or anything...I just wanted to check!

Seems pretty unlikely.

It's definitely too much, and if you did it regularly I'd definitely have concerns for your liver function. But that much as a one off? I doubt it'd cause lasting damage.

If you intend to do this in the future with any regularity though, I'd highly recommend looking into doing cold water extraction, see if you can get some of the acetaminophen/paracetamol out.

I'm a little unclear though, did you take 6 or 10? Even at ten it's only just outside the 24 hour limit. Still not good for you, but it's still an amount that people get away with all the time, in the short term anyway.

You should be fine as it seems you've taken these tablets as a one off and ur not presenting with any symptoms. If ur going to take these tablets on a daily basis then its very important that you take no more than 2 every 4-6 hours! And to echo what JessFR said.. a cold water extraction is a worth while idea.