• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pain relief

Terry57

Greenlighter
New member. I am 62 with a long history of chronic pain, fibromyalgia and chronic neck and lower back pain. Was very comfortable on 10mg of hydrocodone every 6 hours along with more Tylenol and ibuprofen 800. Then the great let's take everyone off opiates crisis. I am now on gabapentin 900 mg every 6 hours, baclofen 15mg every 6 hours, max amount of Tylenol, amitriptyline 50 mg bedtime, Prozac 40mg am and 20mg pm. Lidocaine cream and diclofenac cream max amount. Pain management has injected my neck and back so many times and denervations with only minimum relief. Have tried CBD oil. Looking at bitter lettuce. Pot kills me with coughing. Not looking for a great high just pain relief.

Swap out the ibuprofen for naproxen/naproxyn. Take omeprazole alongside to protect the stomach as it can cause stomach bleeds in excess or on an empty stomach.
With ibu you can take every 4 hours but naproxen you take every 8 hours. It's really strong, big step up from ibuprofen. Good luck

Also can't you get some co-codamol or co-drydamol from the pharmacy?
It's just paracetamol with a tiny bit of codeine or dihydrocodeine in.
I know it's nothing on the hydro you were on but at least it's some opiates 🤷‍♂️

Also can't you get some co-codamol or co-drydamol from the pharmacy?
It's just paracetamol with a tiny bit of codeine or dihydrocodeine in.
I know it's nothing on the hydro you were on but at least it's some opiates 🤷‍♂️
If he's in the US pharmacies there rarely sell Co-codamol, even though legally they can and it's only one box a month and you have to show ID and sign a register.

Terry57 you should look in to kratom, it works like opioids and is legal in the majority of US states.
You take it orally.

Also naproxen long-term leads to stomach ulcers in either 25% or 33% of user's, I'd try and find a less risky painkiller if you must use it daily.

Remember ibuprofen shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach and diclofenac increases the risk of heart attack by 50%, so don't be taking extra.

@Gaz_hmmmm ah fair enough I didn't know.
Kratom sounds like a good idea.
I didn't realise the stomach ulcer rate was so high, I've been taking it alot recently for tooth pain but I nearly always take omeprazole with it.

Thanks guys
Same issue as OP , long term chronic pain ( well at lease 6-7 years now due to cancer Radiation treatments to head and neck 😖
Gratfull to be cancer free, but as with everything in life No free lunch. Dependence sucks , withdrawals suck, I would like to stop Norco , but they do work !! And when I CT , I am a real wimp
I have gabipentin, Imodium, some week in a vape pen, but the over all feel like shit thing sucks 😩

Thanks guys
Same issue as OP , long term chronic pain ( well at lease 6-7 years now due to cancer Radiation treatments to head and neck 😖
Gratfull to be cancer free, but as with everything in life No free lunch. Dependence sucks , withdrawals suck, I would like to stop Norco , but they do work !! And when I CT , I am a real wimp
I have gabipentin, Imodium, some week in a vape pen, but the over all feel like shit thing sucks 😩
Regarding CBD and cannabis, you can use CBD sublingually, it has a higher bioavailability that way compared to oral.
And cannabis you can eat or cook in to foods, you don't have to smoke it.
You coukd also invest in a vapouriser and vapourise the cannabis, this would reduce coughing a lot.

New member. I am 62 with a long history of chronic pain, fibromyalgia and chronic neck and lower back pain. Was very comfortable on 10mg of hydrocodone every 6 hours along with more Tylenol and ibuprofen 800. Then the great let's take everyone off opiates crisis. I am now on gabapentin 900 mg every 6 hours, baclofen 15mg every 6 hours, max amount of Tylenol, amitriptyline 50 mg bedtime, Prozac 40mg am and 20mg pm. Lidocaine cream and diclofenac cream max amount. Pain management has injected my neck and back so many times and denervations with only minimum relief. Have tried CBD oil. Looking at bitter lettuce. Pot kills me with coughing. Not looking for a great high just pain relief.
Hi @Terry57 and welcome to BlueLight, thanks for joining and we'll try to help. Have you considered Cold Water Extraction (CWE) of codeine from your OTC medication? Much less harmful that way. I did a bit of a write-up on CWE here which has a science paper on 3 ways to perforn a CWE (see the nih.gov link at the bottom of the write-up). There are also 3 megathreads all about extracting codeine if you do a search on CWE.