• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pain Relief

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
Idiot me had a nasty fall just before the weekend, I’d love to blame being off my face for it, alas I was Fkn sober (well as sober as I get in any case)

Anyhow I’ve fucked up both my knee and my foot.
The knee is becoming infected so I’ll need antibiotics and I can’t tell if I’ve rolled my ankle or broken something

Doctor in an hour.

So question.
Pain relief for someone with a reasonable codeine tolerance and a regular Benzo script.
What should I ask him for? He will usually give me what I ask for.
I’m guessing some kind of anti inflammatory is obvious but I start training for a new job Thursday, I need to be able to walk without looking like a gimp.

What do you guys suggest?

Anti-inflammatories 100% all the way. They are the absolute gold standard for trauma pain (bruises, burns, breaks) and tend to keep working where opioids would form tolerance. If you can get away with just a NSAID (try it you may be suprised) then avoid the opioids entirely. Otherwise, maybe naproxen plus codeine or tramadol if you can tolerate it.

Here's a cool reference I use all the time that ranks a whole bunch of painkillers in how effective they are for post-surgery pain: League Table Of Analgesics. Suprisingly the drugs at the top (most effective) are all NSAIDs, and opioids alone are actually some of the LEAST effective... they add the Tylenol to Percocet for a reason kids!

If you've badly injured yourself you may have no choice but to have a bit of a limp. Any drug that made you walk like normal would probably cause more damage than it'd be worth...

Anti-inflammatories 100% all the way. They are the absolute gold standard for trauma pain (bruises, burns, breaks) and tend to keep working where opioids would form tolerance. If you can get away with just a NSAID (try it you may be suprised) then avoid the opioids entirely. Otherwise, maybe naproxen plus codeine or tramadol if you can tolerate it.

Here's a cool reference I use all the time that ranks a whole bunch of painkillers in how effective they are for post-surgery pain: League Table Of Analgesics. Suprisingly the drugs at the top (most effective) are all NSAIDs, and opioids alone are actually some of the LEAST effective... they add the Tylenol to Percocet for a reason kids!

If you've badly injured yourself you may have no choice but to have a bit of a limp. Any drug that made you walk like normal would probably cause more damage than it'd be worth...
keep in mind, that some forms of injury that cause chronic pain aren't treated remotely to the degree that opiates treat them vs NSAIDS but in terms of pain relief from nsaids, it depends on the individual aswell as the injury, i've never gotten any type of pain relief from them regardless of the injury oddly enough. once upon a time however when i used to receive 30/300 codeine/tylenols i am pretty positive the tylenol did make the codeine work better, so it is true that it can have a beneficial impact when taken alongside opiates/oids