• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain relief efficiency of OTC painkillers VS CBD oil/marijuana??

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
OTC painkiller I'd been using is called "Solpadeine", a mix of paracetamol, codeine and caffeine.

Thought I might try something different, so experimented with marijuana smoked - the psychoactive component of which is not the least pleasurable for me.

So, CBD oil is marketed as being positive for nerve pain, sometimes used in muscular dystonia etc.

Anyone have experience with it for this purpose; how do you rank it against OTC painkillers?

I used to use co codamol for back pain and things like that but after I was in an accident a couple of years ago I was put on Gabapentin and OxyContin for nerve damage and the associated breakthrough pain and they both worked a treat for it. But it was a catch 22 because now the combo is all that works for any pain
If I was you mate and the otc ones work for you I would try and stay on just those
If you aren’t getting the relief you need and are thinking of upping your dose I would look up cold water extraction techniques on here and switch to one without caffeine as I don’t think you can remove that from a cwe and the last thing you want is to have a caffeine od and end up sitting twitching and unable to sleep
Hopefully this is helpful mate

I've been using CBD oïl for a while. I was keeping my opiates stash for the days when the pain was too strong. On the better days, CBD oïl did the trick.

I've been using CBD oïl for a while. I was keeping my opiates stash for the days when the pain was too strong. On the better days, CBD oïl did the trick.

Opiates would be hella stronger than Solpadeine.

Would you be in a position to compare something like solpadeine to CBD oil for pain killing strength?

Cause often times I have to double up on solpadeine dose to just dull out the nerve pain so, it's right on the edge as is.

CBD oil ain't cheap, so want to be confident it will be reasonably effective before I invest.

Opiates would be hella stronger than Solpadeine.

Would you be in a position to compare something like solpadeine to CBD oil for pain killing strength?

Cause often times I have to double up on solpadeine dose to just dull out the nerve pain so, it's right on the edge as is.

CBD oil ain't cheap, so want to be confident it will be reasonably effective before I invest.

The strongest stuff I had on hands was Percocet and Dilaudid, those are much more effective than 25mg codeine+acetaminophene combo. But, I had much more of those codeine pills and they were a decent tool. My advice would be to test by yourself. Maybe you could combine one solpadeine with CBD instead of taking 2 pills? That way, you would keep your tolerance lower. Here, I can get legal CBD bottles for around 30CAD delivered, in my opinion it's not that much expensive for a test. Upping the dose of codeine is a vicious circle, after a while you will need 2, then 3, then.... pills to do the job that one is doing now.

I enjoyed too much these Percocet, I'm happy to be able to live without any of these pills now,

Last edited: