• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain meds - why house hold for 1 pill?

BippyTrip21

Greenlighter
Hi there! I have a weird or weird to me question. Monday I filled my pain prescriptions and a new thing happened. I been using the same meds and pharmacy for years. Dr lowered my dose but that’s another story and I’m fine with it. A light weight now lol. Anyway I filled my 3 scripts and usually I get 90 10/325 oxycodone, 60 15mg ms conton and 60 roboxin. I know I know everyone hates the stuff but it works for me. Anyway this time I saw a $1.29 charge on my receipt that said house hold and each of my scripts was 1 pill less that it should be. My dr never makes changes without talking to me 1st. Not sure what this house hold is and wanted to ask here before calling the pharmacy. Idk why I just feel better this way . Thank you anyone who can solve the puzzle

sounds like someone got a side hustle( the technician) but honestly, household, that ive ever seen was eons ago, on an item, say cleanser or tissue, id be on their ass quick,though i dont know how you would prove the missing medication, that def is puzzling, best of luck

I thought of this too. I’ve heard of pharmacists or techs doing this because as you said how do we prove this. The odd thing is the number shows on the script label as 89 instead of 90. I will call them today though because it’s really bothering me. I just can’t trust that I’ll get an honest answer if they are actually up to no good.

I thought of this too. I’ve heard of pharmacists or techs doing this because as you said how do we prove this. The odd thing is the number shows on the script label as 89 instead of 90. I will call them today though because it’s really bothering me. I just can’t trust that I’ll get an honest answer if they are actually up to no good.
If the script label says 89 and is circled and initialed then that's all they dispensed. They didn't steal one or anything. Why 89 and not 90 is something only the pharmacist can tell you. Call them right now and you will have your answer.

They didn’t initial or circle it. They usually say when ofd things are happening. I will call them.
If they didn't circle the quantity dispensed and initial it ( the pharmacist does this ) then they broke the law. All controlled substances are counted twice, initialed, and circled in red or black ink...usually red.

Yeah, you better call them. Sounds like you get your drugs from the truck stops along the turnpikes. Only kidding but it sounds really strange.

If they didn't circle the quantity dispensed and initial it ( the pharmacist does this ) then they broke the law. All controlled substances are counted twice, initialed, and circled in red or black ink...usually red.

Yeah, you better call them. Sounds like you get your drugs from the truck stops along the turnpikes. Only kidding but it sounds really strange.

So I called them and they said thew dr sent it over that way. I do believe them because they’re on a new system and also a new Physicians assistant. I’m guessing since all 3 prescriptions were all minus 1 pill each that she didn’t know how to use the system so well. It’s only 1 so not a big deal. Just thought it was strange. As for the “House Hold” I had a complete brain fart. I bought napkins and it was Household 1 word item not on “House” hold which is how it read.🤦🏻‍♀️ I feel a bit of a dumb ass right now. But thanks everyone for your replies.

If the doctor is under review by the medical board, possibly he wants to show that he's tapering his patients down from the pain meds. Even if it's by one pill per prescription.

That's all I can think of.

If the doctor is under review by the medical board, possibly he wants to show that he's tapering his patients down from the pain meds. Even if it's by one pill per prescription.

That's all I can think of.
This sounds right to me. I think right now alot of the drs in my area are under review.