• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain management question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriolesfan8

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, new here.. Have a question and need some advice if possible - I'm 40 and two years ago got in a four wheeler wreck which left my two bottom disks ruptured and broken shoulder. My physician sent me to a pain management Dr who I've been with for two years and had a great relationship and never a problem with any drug screening that they do. I've been on percocet 10/325's for the past two years, two weeks ago had a urine screen and didn't think anything of it until they called this morning to tell me their dismissing me because I had klonapin in my system. I know this sounds like a very good made up story but I can assure you it's the truth, about two days before the screen my mom who has been on klonapin for many years gave me two to take when I was there for a week helping her move and was having leg spasms. I don't know my drugs, and had no idea it was a control substance, so obviously once they seen that they dropped me. I tried to explain but I know it's my fault, I should've looked it up first. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and was able to get in somewhere else? I'm not a junkie and this is the the only problem I've ever had with them. Now I'm out of meds and in a lot of pain, plus I didn't know their was withdraw that comes with it. Have a call out to my family physician but afraid he's going to tell me the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much :)

this sounds too close to a drug testing and/or sourcing question
and btw, junkie isn't derogatory here - many of us are.

this sounds too close to a drug testing and/or sourcing question
and btw, junkie isn't derogatory here - many of us are.
I didn't mean junkie in a bad way, I apologize. Just meant I've never had an issue with any other drug in my test except for the percocet. I guess I could've been a little more clear, was just wondering about if I'll have issues trying to get in to another pain management Dr and if anyone has had a similar issue and been able to get into one easily? Sorry, just found out this morning so just reaching out for some advice, thanks..

^ hey sorry man my bad, i jumped down your throat a bit
did your doctor not let you explain yourself fully? if you dont have any previous history of drug abuse you'll have a better chance of finding a new place but tbh little mistakes like that can hang over your head for a long long time :(
did rhe PM dr outright dismiss you? if not y0u might have a chance.

wish you luck mate

You made an honest mistake, but so many doctors have heard it all when it comes to patients taking other scheduled drugs. Especially when you're in pain management and the meds are not prescribed to you. You could make an appointment with your primary doctor and explain what happened. Whether they will help you or not is at their discretion. I have to close this but wish you luck.

You may want to check out our Pain Management mega thread:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/793435-The-Pain-Management-Mega-Thread-v-7

Status
Not open for further replies.