• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids PAIN IS MY PRISON: Belbuca, Nucynta, OR Morphone ER for euphoria and pain? HELP

Walter1252

Bluelighter
I’m running out of dilaudid now but have nucynta 50mg and belbuca strips75mcg.
My tolerance is mild I’d say. I got a buzz off 8mg dilaudid today and have been on them for last 7months. Was down to one mg per day for a week until dilly binge.
For past week, been on a dilaudid binge (8mg sniffed a day around same time to get most out of it) to clean the house and be able to sit and play video games. Ya. Mostly the gaming. But the sitting has wreeeecked my back.
Plz advise on how to get most euphoria from either and the belbuca strips 75mcg or nucynta 50mg or morphine Er 15mg. Have several dilaudid left but prob need to save for before my doc apt.
how about chewing up the belbuca strips. I’ve read mixed reviews on euphoria for those. Likewise for nucynta.
im in pain but really enjoy the euphoria while mitigating the pain. Also have strong indicas and a hybrid strain. And gabapentin.
thanks. Will need this tomorrow. Once I’m able to get some sleep.
PAIN IS MY PRISON

Last edited:
My tolerance is mild I’d say. I got a buzz off 8mg dilaudid today and have been on them for last 7months. Was down to a mg me two a day.
For past few days, been on a dilaudid binge to clean the house and be able to sit and play video games. Ya. Mostly the gaming. But the sitting has wreeeecked my back. This sucks. And the depression and getting crippling too.
Plz advise on how to get most euphoria from either and the belbuca strips or nucynta. Have several dilaudid left but prob need to save for before my doc apt.
how about chewing up the belbuca strips. I’ve read mixed reviews on euphoria for those. Likewise for nucynta.
im in pain but really enjoy the euphoria while mitigating the pain. Also have strong indicas and a hybrid strain. And gabapentin.
PAIN IS MY PRISON
About the morphine era: have 12 of 15mg morphine er blue pills. I’ve tried sucking off the coating and smashing them. The high was ugly and the taste lasted hours. I don’t IV anything but will insuffilate.

Last edited:
A long time ago I chewed buprenorphine patches and I don't remember feeling much euphoria but they did help me a lot during my tramadol wd.

Sorry, always if I read something like that I' getting so angry. What do you want? Being painless or have euphoria???

I guess the pain can not be sooooo strong as i work with acute pain patients. Nobody of them ask for euphoria but for a release of that fucking pain!

JJ

My tolerance is mild I’d say. I got a buzz off 8mg dilaudid today and have been on them for last 7months. Was down to one mg per day for a week until dilly binge.
For past week, been on a dilaudid binge (8mg sniffed a day around same time to get most out of it) to clean the house and be able to sit and play video games. Ya. Mostly the gaming. But the sitting has wreeeecked my back.
Plz advise on how to get most euphoria from either and the belbuca strips 75mcg or nucynta 50mg or morphine Er 15mg. Have several dilaudid left but prob need to save for before my doc apt.
PAIN IS MY PRISON
Sorry for your troubles. Maybe have a look here:

Nucynta sucks there is no euphoria.

Nucynta is the same laboratory as Palexis? At least Palexis ER did get me a little high. Although I had to leave them overnight in a glass with Coke (Coca Cola). I don't know if it was a placebo but it did feel different from taking them normally. I love tramadol and I have no tolerance for strong opioids so that may have played a role. The effect is much shorter than tramadol though and it feels less stimulating.

Sorry, always if I read something like that I' getting so angry. What do you want? Being painless or have euphoria???

I guess the pain can not be sooooo strong as i work with acute pain patients. Nobody of them ask for euphoria but for a release of that fucking pain!

JJ

Why get angry? Just because people you know don't say they want the high as well don't mean they don't.
What started my addiction was pain and trust me i wanted both because I like the high and pain free
This person is in pain asking for help and you get anger and pretend to know every person in pain and what they want

JJ

Hey Jo, I totally understand your perspective on this, but I just want to stress the fact that pain is a really abstract symptom that usually requires a pretty dynamic treatment to effectively help someone.

My main point is that the lone between "pain relief" and "euphoria" can get blurred pretty fast when someone's life is ruled by chronic pain. Some would say that just the relief of pain in itself is a euphoric experience. There is a lot of room for miscommunication is this respect and I think this thread actually highlights a very real issue; miscommunication between providers and patients.

The patient's quest for pain relief can often be misconstrued as a quest just to "get drugs" or "get high". Opioids dont just relieve physical pain. They are often a complete relief from all pain including emotions.

I'm not accusing anybody here, I just want absolutely no judgement toward people like OP who are just trying to figure things out in a very complex situation. Let's just make sure we are doing our best to understand the other party and really put ourselves in their shoes. We are here to support each other first and foremost.

One thing I can say is, pain isn't a problem at all until you have it.

Hey Jo, I totally understand your perspective on this, but I just want to stress the fact that pain is a really abstract symptom that usually requires a pretty dynamic treatment to effectively help someone.

My main point is that the lone between "pain relief" and "euphoria" can get blurred pretty fast when someone's life is ruled by chronic pain. Some would say that just the relief of pain in itself is a euphoric experience. There is a lot of room for miscommunication is this respect and I think this thread actually highlights a very real issue; miscommunication between providers and patients.

The patient's quest for pain relief can often be misconstrued as a quest just to "get drugs" or "get high". Opioids dont just relieve physical pain. They are often a complete relief from all pain including emotions.

I'm not accusing anybody here, I just want absolutely no judgement toward people like OP who are just trying to figure things out in a very complex situation. Let's just make sure we are doing our best to understand the other party and really put ourselves in their shoes. We are here to support each other first and foremost.

Hey,

all you wrote about I already know because i treat people with acut pain sydnroms as well. First we try all out that could help if not, then the patient is getting pain medicine, mostly antiinflammatory ones plus some med to not to damage the stomach inside. If that not helps, they get normal opioids, and then let's see.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding or misinterpreting this post. If there are any medical question you can always PM me.

Sorry.

JJ

No, no please dont apologise Jo. I wasn't calling you out or anything. I only wanted to make sure the narrative here stressed the abstract nature of pain. Nobody did anything wrong! :)

Ya. All good. Keif nailed it tho. Clearly I’m in the right place.
I’m clearly dealing with depression too so the euphoria is likely my attempt to get some happiness which doesn’t happen naturally. Anti depressants are bunk. For me anyway. Some day I’ll type out my two decades of pain, addiction and love hate relationship with meds.
jJ. You’re all good. You can prob learn more about the ppl u treat from here than from the office. I wouldn’t wish this life on anyone but I’ve seen my level of care vastly different depending on whether the doc has ever experience chronic pain. Was lucky enough to have a back suffering doc at my latest stay in the hospital (rare GI disease) and man did I get treated differently. Chronic pain is really a hell ya have to experience to understand and as Keif said it’s highly subjectively and variable. I wish we had a technology to visualize pain. Docs need to see a prob to understand it’s severity. Me saying “7” doesn’t mean a whole hell of a lot.
Nucynta yesterday was crappy. I felt pretty dissociated, very similar to DMX. Also added indica. Knocked the pain down a point or two but not enough for me to sit long enough to play with my kid.
Trying 225ug belbuca today.

We are all prisoners. Glad that you got some day offs with your medication. Could be worse. Hope it does get better though.

LOVED this response. I was diagnosed with a disease that causes pain and I had to be prescribed meds. My pm introduced me to nucynta IR. It took care of the pain almost completely and I would get a little euphoria for like 20 minutes. It mostly makes me chatty for that period of time. I can absolutely understand what OP means. Getting that bit of euphoria WHILE also getting pain relief is great. I never even considered the euphoria aspect until having to take the pills and experiencing it. Then I was like....ok...this is nice lol. The euphoria isn't long lasting but the pain relief is and for me, that's what's most important. For anyone else who may come across my response (I'm new here), I don't find it to be something that someone would get addicted to but it does cause horrible withdrawals. I've been on 100mg IR for 4 years now. I find any red strain kratom to be similar in pain relief and also helps with withdrawal from opioids.