• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain, benzos, and concentration

delphinen

Bluelighter
I am learning Python hardcore because I have an exam for an important job next Sunday, and I have two problems:
1- My back is killing me
I couldn't get any opioid/opiate today, so I mixed 2 Aspirins, 3 APAP with Caffeine, and 1 Ibuprofen- I also ate one burger with "special proteins", soy, low fat, etc etc. to ease my stomach.
I STILL have backpain, it's not as bad as 2 hours ago, but it's still unbearable. I have no option to take more Pepsi (because I want to take Caffeine for concentration and stimulation, even if it's low), with another APAP with Caffeine and another Ibuprofen. I don't think taking another Aspirin would help. Please help.
2- I am one anti seizures meds, 2 75mg Pregabalin capsules every morning with 10mg Diazepam. I also take some Lorazepam (2mg so far today) self medicated because I have restless leg syndrome and benzos make me feel better (even if it's fake), and also forget a little about the pain. They also enhance the appreciation of music, and make the Pregabalin I take in the morning more "powerful", even if these drugs should make me "forget things", what they really do to me, it's increase my mood, which helps me concentrate more on coding and less on the damn backpain. Please help here too.

That's all, if there's a fellow programmer, sysadmin, or something similar out there please give me an advice. Thanks in advance.

I can say that caffeine would most certainly make the restlessness worse. Just keep in mind not to take over the daily recommended doses. For apap it's 4000. Sorry that's all the help I can provide.

I'm not entirely sure of your question here, is your back pain new? A sudden onset of pain? Or is it something you always deal with?

If it's unbearable and sudden you need to go get it checked out. When we have patients come in with acute back pain w/ out injury it's usually a kidney stone. And piling caffeine on top of that is not a great idea.

If it's chronic though, throw a heating pad on it and still cut down on the caffeine. At some point it's going to have a negative affect on your attention span.

Thank you for the replies. I couldn't stand it anymore and went to sleep. I passed out listening to music with the cellphone, I slept around 2~3 hours. I woke up A LOT better, with some stomach discomfort, but really subtle. I am trying to continue working, I drink coffee with milk, a medicine for the stomach (although it doesn't really hurt, I just feel "full").
Also I turned down the AC to not get fresh air in the back, even if it's kinda hot.

Benzos are not indicated for pain at all. If you want pain treatment there are some more powerful NSAIDs that may be OTC or try increasing the dose (safely).

Delphinen, there are some inherent issues with your thread here. I've followed your situation for a while now and feel like I have a general understanding of your lifestyle, i.e. the fact that you are a poly-substance abuser and that you seek relief from both emotional and physical pain from pharmaceutical substances. There is absolutely not judgement here and I would gladly welcome you to correct me if I'm pegging you as something that you are not.

The fact is that you are actually involved with a variety of fairly powerful and addictive drugs and I believe that a lot of your problems are shifting from being innate to you to being actually caused by your usage or lack thereof of some of these drugs. If you are a user of Opioids for the purpose of analgesia, it's to be expected that your pain levels will be more severe when you do not have them. The line between innate pain and Opioid withdrawal is going to become increasingly blurred to you, especially considering the litany of variables (different drugs) that you now have in your life.

Now, we really are not here to give you advice on how to properly stimulate yourself to be successful at school or work. We couldn't do that if we tried. Different people are going to succeed using different methods. We couldn't begin to tell you what will make programming easier for you. We can only guess wildly.

So, Delphinen, I need for you to actually produce some more concise goals or questions in order for us to help you. As your thread stands now, it is too vague for us to understand what you are actually after. Get back to us or this is gonna get closed.