• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain after injection, hard to find veins, etc

Danzr31585

Greenlighter
Hello, I am new to this site and not entirely sure how to use it. I also don't know "terms". Please forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong and please don't lecture me. OK...this person I know has always had tiny, hard to see/feel veins. Hospitals and doctors have only been successful in the hands. So, the person naturally went for the hands. There was little success. About 4 or 5 successful attempts. Where does that person go now? That person sees NOTHING anywhere except for feet and wrists.

Lastly, the person shot into the left hand yesterday. No blood was registered, or at least they couldn't tell (bc all the solution turned red from blood...?). Went ahead with the inject out of impatience and frustration and immediately felt pain in the wrist. Within 3 to 4 hours, the whole hand is very swollen and very painful. It hurts to bend the wrist. It is sore if anyone or anything touches the hand. It is not hot to the touch and is not red it just hurts soooo much. It has been 24 hours and is still just as painful. What to do?

Hi, we just use "I" here at Bluelight so feel free to speak in the first person. I've got shit for veins too (I was told they "roll") and whenever I need blood drawn, they use my hands. Even last time I was in hospital, the i.v. line was in my hand for three days. Not much you can do, save your veins and stop injecting!

You didn't say which drug you're using. Have you considered snorting or plugging? I don't want to see you get an infection from skin popping. Ideally, when you miss a shot a warm compress could be applied. But you say it's been 24 hours, try icing it. You may have hit a nerve. No lectures here, lots of us have been in your shoes!

Sounds like you might have hit an artery. I did the same thing my first year of using in my left wrist, you can tell because the blood that registers will be really bright red, although this may have been hard to see if the rig was already filled with blood. My hand immediately started burning like it was on fire and swelled up to twice the size. It resolved after about a day, but I've heard worse stories from other individuals.

If it doesn't resolve soon I suggest a trip to the ER.

You might have missed bro. Try to apply a little pressure from a cloth soaked in hot water every now and then. It sucks but it's one of those things you just have to wait out. Best of luck.