• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxymorphone er harder to find, help substitute please lol

Currently been prescribed oxymorphone er by my pain Dr.
They honestly work amazing for me and of course I insufflate them lol.
Unfortunately they have been getting much harder for the pharms around me to get in stock.
I've already waited over a week without my meds.
I need to know what other meds I could take that are equivalent and also be able to enjoy sniffing.

I currently get 90mg of ir oxycodone and 90mg 9f oxymorphone er per day.

Please help and thanks in advance!
Er means not a real doc? Why of course insufflate? When I was younger I preferred snorting much more for I suppose what was seen as faster onset and more intense effects however today I view ROAs a little differently.

Not a complete response but that's all I can offer at the moment sry

If anyone can figure out why the two meds hitting the same mu receptor cause such drastically different effects, please let me know! The med journals all lock me out, but I think it's unknown currently. One thing that could be a clue is Lyrica in high doses (1.5 to 2.1 grams) will "get on the same wavelength" as the intense high and cause both synergy and for lack of a better word... Potentiate. I've heard this to be true, and it might be a clue why the two meds differ so drastically but are nearly the same (at least in chemical formula as was clearly posted).

Even though they hit the same receptors the reason why they feel different is based on a few factors like Binding Affinity (how quickly / strongly the opioid binds to the receptor), Lipophilicity (how quickly the opioid crosses the Blood Brain Barrier), and Receptor Saturation (how quickly the opioid can bind to as many receptors as it can at once). Half-life plays a part too.