• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycontin

Johndevry

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

Ive been able to get my hands on some 80mg slow release oxycodone pills (by torrent pharma). Now i was wondering if its possible to crush these up and try to make 10-20mg capsules. Im not exactly sure on how the slow release mechanism works and if this would even circumvent it. There seemd to be some sort of wax layer around the pills im gonna wash that off before crushing them up. Does anybody have any experience doing anything like this?
Thanks in advance

I don’t know about this particular pill or brand but modern anti abuse/slow delivery systems typicallly cannot be fully defeated by crushing or grinding.

In general, in addition to waxes which make the pill nearly impossible to truely crush or grind (they are more apt to “flake”), the pills bind the active ingredient (oxy) to a matrix (usually some kind of plastic) which slows release.

I’m other words, you can crush the pill and put it into capsules. You will partially circumvent the slow release but it still won’t really be close to instant release.

Lick/water the waxed outside and wipe off with paper towel until all waxy outside is gone before beginning to crush. Don’t leave any wax on there crushed flakes suck; hard to rid and waste your crushed pill IMO.