• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

OxyContin

IR Oxynorm is the go. Instant release. I get a box of 20mg x 20 for $6.40

Don't yanks pay utterly ridiculous sums for oxy there, on the streets? I've often read quotes citing an exchange rate of approximately a milligram to a dollar. A grand...for 1g of oxy? that is absolutely insane. Enough to get an opioid naive person high for about a week, give or take a day or two depending on what they do with it and when. 1g of oxy is piss all, hell 1g morphine isn't much, and is just about enough for someone to start cooking up something better with it if they know what they are doing.

yep a grand and often more for 1g oxy, totally ridiculous. also for pain patients legally bought its more expensive than alot of stronger things like hydromorphone and methadone, makes no sense

$6.40, where are you? I'm guessing not the states. Oxycodone is very expensive in the US sadly. IR oxy is lovely though :)

Australia. I am currently the carer for my mum so i get it cheaper than most Aussies though i think they pay $12 for a pack of 20. The American health care system is abhorrent. We and other every developed western country has universal healthcare ( though our is kind of a bit less than totally universal as some things are not covered and while all gps have the ability to not charge and just take the govt rebate others charge more and you have to pay the gap fee. Myself i cant remember paying a GP as i stick to one dr where ever i live and all of them have bulk billed ie not charged more than the govt rebate. Our medications are also subsidised. The government buys all the pharmaceuticals and basically drives a hard bargain to the pharmaceutical companies. These companies are desparate to get their drugs listed on the PBS (Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme) as PBS drugs are obviously the ones that doctors are more likely to prescribe for instance my gp prescribes me diazepam which is on the pbs which i get 50 x 5mg tablets for $6.40. Once she thought it might be worth trying Lorazepam and it cost nearly $50 for 50 tablets. I much preferred diaz anyway but the price difference made that decision for me.

So yeah unfortunately you guys have one fucked up healthcare system Obama tried to fix but couldn't get done what he wanted to due to the power of the health insurance and pharmaceutical companies with your politicians. I dont understand why Americans dont demand universal healthcare. Anyway that's why and the where of your question.

IMO oxycodone is hardly all that good of an opiate anyway, its too short acting, theres fuck all rush on IV, and morphine is far more versatile when it comes to being....how shall I put it....adapted to better suit the user. If only morphine had a good oral BA, or at least if the damn doctors would take its bioavailability into account rather that whine and/or bully about the number of milligrams as opposed to the effect its having.

I used to be taking oxy as OC80s, the eq. of about 800mg/d IV or IM morphine, then due to its being much better suited to me, at least so long as there is enough of it (morphine) to do the job. But the doctors are on at me and pressuring me, continually whining at me that I'm 'on too much' 'should be slashing the dose', and its worrying me, that some fuck might try to force me. Because now I'm stuck with a couple of hundred mg/d morphine, plus a lesser amount of IR oxy. And the morphine is XR, needs extracting and shooting, or I quite simply, at the dosages I have prescribed, cannot use it. It won't have an effect. And in the likes of hospitals, stupid fucks telling a (known to be) opioid-tolerant, chronic pain patient that 20mg oramorph is a 'huge dose' when in fact it won't even come close to stopping me withdrawing, 20mg IV or IM morphine wouldn't do, never fucking mind about 30% of 20mg, whilst most of it gets chewed to hell in my liver. I'm stuck shooting it, turning it to other, stronger derivatives and shooting it, and using a mixture of cimetidine and a lot of grapefruit, canned grapefruit in grapefruit juice, and grapefruit juice by the carton.

I'm bloody lucky that they never remembered to drop the oxy IR dose back down to the crappy couple of IR 10s I was getting, and left it at 80mg/d after I burnt my eye badly, thanks to the pigs.

Agreed mate oxy is overhyped by the US and morphine is the better opiate. Oral BA is the only downside but I've usually had it in Oramorph so the BA wasn't much of a big deal, a few big sips of that gets you a dose that hits the spot!

Dihydrocodeine is my main go to for opiates though. It may lack potency but it has such a euphoric high. It's so underrated. People write it off from the start because they assume it's as weak as codeine. In reality it's a far superior high and with no ceiling dose, nor does it get less effective when you redose. It's everything codeine should be and I'd honestly place the buzzy euphoria of DHC above oxy and morphine.

I used to have a hookup that would sell me oramorph by the bottle, in those old fashioned pop bottles that used to be tradable for a 20p deposit, years back, and I'd literally drink it out of the bottle as if the contents were just what they said the bottles held instead of oramorph. Only viable use for the stuff is extraction and cleanup, either for injection as-is, or for an intimate date with some propionyl chloride and base, or propionic anhydride, preferably, and base, plus a little sodium acetate and have it become something much tastier.

One thing that fucks me off is the way doctors tend to be so stingy with morphine, perhaps not meaning to be, but just assuming that 10mg=10mg whether its going into an IV bolus push or by mouth. And worse, even when its explained to them, the concept of bioavailability they don't give a damn. They care about the number of milligrams that enter a body, not the effect the drug exerts on the patient.

And as for DHC IMO its short acting, can fill a hole in an emergency with a few boxes of the OTC DHCs CWE'ed, that I'll do when my pain med rx runs out the night before I'm due to pick up a script in the morning, and just to stave off WD until the surgery opens and I can go pick up the refills, hoover a line of oxy whilst getting my ride back home, say 80-100mg up the nose IR oxy, and a couple of chlormethiazole caps down the hatch, etc. (note, people-been on the stuff a long time, don't just go out and mix chlormethiazole with downers, it'll kill you quite effectively if you do)

Other than that its short acting and really not euphoric in any special way.

Although I've as of yet not tried desomorphine, and I figure it'll be superior to morphine on a euphoria basis, dipropionylmorphine sure has proved itself worthy of punching way above its weight division.

But what further after that, I haven't yet decided.

Last edited:
You're right about doctors not taking bioavailability into account when scripting oral morphine. When I was in hospital after surgery - so in genuine pain - I was only getting 10mg oral morphine. Which as you can imagine did a big sweet fuck all. I got so fucked off I literally said to the nurse: listen, oral morphine has a low oral bioavailability, I need a higher dose because I'm in pain.

The only response I got was "someone's been reading, you're trying to play me aren't you?"

I fucking hate this about the medical system... if you show an actual knowledge of the drugs you're being given it's assumed you must be trying to abuse them.

Bitch I just got out of surgery, I'm being kept in hospital for a reason, I AM IN PAIN!

Jesus fucking Christ.

After I got out of hospital I was able to just give my GP a ring and get the painkillers I needed no problem. Fucking stingy hospitals.

Anyway as for Oramorph you must have a high opiate tolerance if you can down the stuff and not get much off it. Even with only 20% BA, approx 100mg of oral morphine has never failed to get me on a proper nod.

DHC is one of those weird ones where it seems to depend on how your body metabolises it. For me, if I take a high enough dose (I was scripted 240mg a day) I'm feeling it for most of the day and I get a proper nice energetic euphoria. But on a script I was also directed to redose four times a day so short duration wasn't a problem.

^ sounds sexy. Oral AND oxy? The wedding is BACK ON!!!!

IMO oxycodone is hardly all that good of an opiate anyway, its too short acting, theres fuck all rush on IV, and morphine is far more versatile when it comes to being....how shall I put it....adapted to better suit the user. If only morphine had a good oral BA, or at least if the damn doctors would take its bioavailability into account rather that whine and/or bully about the number of milligrams as opposed to the effect its having.

I used to be taking oxy as OC80s, the eq. of about 800mg/d IV or IM morphine, then due to its being much better suited to me, at least so long as there is enough of it (morphine) to do the job. But the doctors are on at me and pressuring me, continually whining at me that I'm 'on too much' 'should be slashing the dose', and its worrying me, that some fuck might try to force me. Because now I'm stuck with a couple of hundred mg/d morphine, plus a lesser amount of IR oxy. And the morphine is XR, needs extracting and shooting, or I quite simply, at the dosages I have prescribed, cannot use it. It won't have an effect. And in the likes of hospitals, stupid fucks telling a (known to be) opioid-tolerant, chronic pain patient that 20mg oramorph is a 'huge dose' when in fact it won't even come close to stopping me withdrawing, 20mg IV or IM morphine wouldn't do, never fucking mind about 30% of 20mg, whilst most of it gets chewed to hell in my liver. I'm stuck shooting it, turning it to other, stronger derivatives and shooting it, and using a mixture of cimetidine and a lot of grapefruit, canned grapefruit in grapefruit juice, and grapefruit juice by the carton.

I'm bloody lucky that they never remembered to drop the oxy IR dose back down to the crappy couple of IR 10s I was getting, and left it at 80mg/d after I burnt my eye badly, thanks to the pigs.

I dont IV. I might snort 1 x 20mg Oxynorm and swallow another 40mg and i will be high for a good 4 or 5 hours. So i dont know if i would call it short acting. I find it quite euphoric. Each to their own though as always

I don't even KNOW what my oral tolerance to morphine is. I honestly haven't a clue. When I had the source for those old style pop bottles filled with oramorph, I'd just drink it from the bottle, or first pour myself a mug full, drink that and then wait an hour or two and see where I was by then. That source was years ago, now I'm rx'd morphine, and IV maximal tolerance again I'm not ,entirely sure of, given the solubility issues. But 1g dipropionylmorphine wouldn't be a problem, I'd estimate its maybe 3-3.5x diamorphine in terms of potency, so you can work out the math from there. Roughly at least. Could probably handle 1.5g still (of DPM, not diamorphine), and I'm scripted oxy as well, min. 80mg/d IR, but use varies, can throw in 100mg to a shot easily.

I find oxy too short acting, maybe 4 hours via insufflation, IM, plugged etc. at least in IR form. And not particularly euphoric, in particular there is no rush whatsoever when IV'ed. Its more or less there to make up the numbers because of the shitty BA of oral morphine (which the docs scripted and are under the impression I'm taking, orally and without conversion into anything else of course. Although at least one of them knows well enough what I COULD do with it, or at least the kinds of things I could do with it. Kinda hard to hide that one is a bio/chemist if a GP needs to make a house call and there is a rotovap by the TV and crates of condensers and empty flasks all over the show, for want of enough space to keep all my glassware actually in the lab (there is quite a lot of it, a set I'm rather proud of, and always improving) and the likes of the vacuum pump, along with a separate water aspirator vacuum for less demanding applications, or else applications which demand less, heating baths, 5-liter 4-necked RBFs and erlenmeyers all over the front of the room, and you happen to be stuck in the same room at the time because one can't walk when the dr comes.