• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin smaller cuts over time?

Toreadores

Greenlighter
I am prescribed Oxycontin 20mg every 12 hours and I want to know which way is the best and safer to take it yet to have most benefit of the drug. I know the new OP formula for OxyContin keeps the Time release even if cut/crushed but still want to explore the best way to be taken and which way will boost your mood and keep pain away for longer (just to mention I have relatively large opiate tolerance and can take 20-25mg IR oxy without side effects, so 20mg Oxycontin doesn't releive that much):

1. Take 2 pills (total 40mg Oxycontin) at once.
2. Split the pills in half (10mgs) and take a half every 4 hours.
3. Split the pills into 4 parts (every part will be 5mg) and take it every hour and a half or 2 during the day.

The idea is to end up with same amount of oxycodone during the day (total 40mg) I just want to know which option will work the best, keep my mood up and ofcourse to be safe. Since I have oxy tolerance I personally don't think 40mg a say will cause an OD but still it is time release, and before had experience only with IR oxy so I want to be on the safe side when taking more or splitting extended release pill, even if ending up with same amount of oxy in my system. I want to make sure if any of these methods have a life treating danger. If it will be of help maximum amount of oxy IR I was tolerating without problems per day is 80mg.

40mg to a tolerant person will definitely not cause an OD (unless there are other drugs in their system). Nonetheless, i would say taking it in your prescribed manner (1 20mg pill twice a day) should work the best for you, but if its not doing what you want (for pain specifically), i would say just experiment and try all three options that youve mentioned. Since it is extended release, you might not get the same euphoric effects from these smaller doses, but you might end up with an overall better sense of pain relief. Just try it out and see which one works the best for you.

i would suggest trying out numbers two and three and see which one works best for you cause its pretty subjective ymmv