• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycontin and morphine dosage.

CobakuSamsara

Bluelighter
Well, I had a pretty nice experience with 160mg oxycontin. Now I have only 120mg oxycontin and 30mg IR morphine. What would be the morphine dosage to equals to 160mg oxycontin? 120mg oxycontin + morphine

Oxy is 1.5 times the potency of morphine, if that helps? You could probably work out any dose pretty quickly with google calculator or whatever. Your 30 of morphine would act like 20mg of oxy.

Oxy is 1.5 times the potency of morphine, if that helps? You could probably work out any dose pretty quickly with google calculator or whatever. Your 30 of morphine would act like 20mg of oxy.

oxy is 2.5 times stronger when taking orally but when taking by the route with the most ba aka IV morphine is stronger.

and regarding your question

260-280mg of morphine orally would be 140-160 oxycontin, but this is an approximation it really depends on how much your body metabolizes. by theory it would be 2.5 x 160 aka 400mg but it may be too much considering the histamine release.

oxy is 2.5 times stronger when taking orally but when taking by the route with the most ba aka IV morphine is stronger.

and regarding your question

260-280mg of morphine orally would be 140-160 oxycontin, but this is an approximation it really depends on how much your body metabolizes. by theory it would be 2.5 x 160 aka 400mg but it may be too much considering the histamine release.

No, it's still 1.5 times stronger. I've been on dozens of opiate coversion things and have massive person experience with both drugs. Definitely 1.5. 100%. The amount of morphine you're suggesting is dangerously inaccurate.

Hey there OP, we are absolutely here to help you and we want you to be safe. If that is all you've got, you can take it as it will not even equate to your previously used dosage of 160mg Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet). Please believe that I'm not belittling you my friend, but there is a nice little Opioid conversion chart near the top of this page that you could use to figure this one out. No hard feelings, but this is why we put it there. We get a lot of threads regarding Opioid dose equipotency. It's really easy. If you can do a little bit of simple math, you will be all good.

We love to help people here you know. We also like to help them help themselves. We don't get paid for this shit, so when I say I'm teaching you to fish as opposed to giving you one, it's actually because it makes you safer knowing how to do all of this stuff yourself without having to wait for us!

you might be right with the 1.5 thing,but are you sure that even by IV it's stronger? I'm not looking to enter an argument, I genuinely wanna know if that is true also.

I've used both for a long time, but in my case it was usually at least 2x, I remember reading on ncbi about the 2.5 value. I don't think 240-260 is that dangerous for his tolerance. I am now converting on various charts and the same value of 240 pops up

@ChemicallyEnhanced

Last edited by a moderator:
In general, all drugs are more potent by the injection route, which includes vein, muscle, subcutaneous. Write that one down or memorize it. Everyone is different and drugs are very subjective in terms of their experience.

I know that the IV roa has 100% BA, I've read somewhere that tho oxy is stronger by oral route, iv morphine is stronger than iv oxycodone, so I was looking for an explication why is that or a research paper but thanks anyway, I don't want to derail the thread.

edit: the paper I was talking about with the 3:2 ratio when IV'ed https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00528177 (3)

Last edited by a moderator: