• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin 20mg: too much or no?

Sydney_Carton

Greenlighter
Hello, all. Thanks in advance for the help.
Broke my shoulder at work this month. In the past I've messed around with Vicodin (10/325s). Latest opiate I took was 10mg oxycodones (i think non-ER, since little white round pills that said 10/OP), which I took one or two a day (spaced out about 4 hours apart). I took those for about 2 weeks and ran out two days ago. Also, I smoked weed pretty constantly. Came across a few Oxycontin (lil pink pill with 20/OP imprint) today. My question is: If i take one 20mg of this Extended release oxycontin is that too much or should I be okay. I've never taken more than one Vicodin at once so just wanted to make sure.

If the white 10mg pills said OP on them they are XR. OP is new formula OxyContin.

So the 20mg pink OP's will be the same as two 10mg's in effect. They're the same formulation of extended release oxycodone.

Judge by your tolerance if that's high for you, but since you took two 10mg's a day before you should be fine taking one 20mg since it is XR.

Are the "OP's" still non-tamperable or have they found a way to break it yet lol? Over here in the UK we still have the "OC" formula made by QDEM pharma called Longtec. We also have the "OX" formula too made by Torrent pharma called Toroxycon which when crushed turns into gel when it comes into contact with water (deters IV use). I'm on Shortec capsules which is Immediate Release (IR), I hated the ER pills.

Last edited:
OPs-chew for 10 minutes straight and swallow with water. Some people try to break it down with cola and stuff but it's a waste of time tbh. I just chew them silly and swallow and it works brilliantly.

They're the ones with a rubbery texture to prevent being snorted right? Then yes, chew like a madman! I love the OPs but so many people hate them because they break them down in obscure ways and inevitably they don't work as well at that point. If you encounter an OP with a larger amount (like 50mg), then it's important to split the pill with a razor blade or something sharp and only chew a smaller portion. You don't want to overdose because you chew the whole thing obviously lol.

OPs-chew for 10 minutes straight and swallow with water. Some people try to break it down with cola and stuff but it's a waste of time tbh. I just chew them silly and swallow and it works brilliantly.

They're the ones with a rubbery texture to prevent being snorted right? Then yes, chew like a madman! I love the OPs but so many people hate them because they break them down in obscure ways and inevitably they don't work as well at that point. If you encounter an OP with a larger amount (like 50mg), then it's important to split the pill with a razor blade or something sharp and only chew a smaller portion. You don't want to overdose because you chew the whole thing obviously lol.

Yeah the OX's can be easily crushed but they gel up if u snort it or if u try and prep them for IV use. Ultimately the OX's can easily be broken into IR by crushing them into a fine powder and then parachute it (swallow) or cap the powder up into an empty capsule.. easy.

I'm already on IR Oxy capsules anyway so I dont need to do anything :). My capsules can be emptied and easily snorted as they dont gel up which makes them wide open to abuse!

Hey Sydney! I totally get that other people are trying to help out, but in case you have not already come to this conclusion: you are probably better off not trying to defeat the time-release mechanism on these pills. That has always been my experience. I think you will be more comfortable getting a milder, but longer-lasting and smoother analgesia. Like the other posters have said, a time-release Oxycodone (Percocet; Oxycontin) is like taking the total dosage of the pill, cutting that in half, then taking that half dosage several hours apart. The idea is that instead of requiring a patient to remember to take 10mg twice per day, they can take one 20mg tablet that will cover both without the total daily dose changing in any way.

It sounds like you don't have a ton of experience with this stuff, so for a little bit of perspective, Hydrocodone (Vicodin; Lortab) is about 2/3 the potency of Oxycodone. For every 1mg Oxycodone, 1.5mg Hydrocodone will be required to produce the same level of analgesia. This is only an estimate and there are a lot of folks, myself included, who prefer Hydrocodone over Oxycodone, all other things being equal.

The short answer is that you should be able to take a single 20mg tablet of Oxycontin without any problem if you're already familiar with the drug as you have stated here. Different variables will inevitably effects how long the drug lasts, but in general, the one table should be the same as taking 2 divided doses the same way.