• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone + Xanax

giesser

Greenlighter
Hey guys I just have a question regarding xanax and oxycodone. I took 30mg of oxy about 4 hours and was thinking about taking 2mg of Xanax. I have a moderate tolerance for both, but have never taken them at the same time. If I did take the 2mg of xanax would I be okay and not overdose or anything?

If 2mg of xanax is too much, what would be a safe amount be to take? .5mg?

Thanks.

Its never really safe to combine opioids and benzos in a recreational manner but that being said, tons of people do it. With moderate tolerances, I would still start low, like 0.25mg low. You can always add more.

doubling down, as the name suggests, is always a gamble.
how much are you willing to bet?

^ Exactly.

Like it was said before, it's never safe (or even a good idea) to mix opiates with benzodiazepines.
Tolerance increases quite fast.

With the dosages that you're experimenting with, I feel that the most apparent danger would be experiencing a blackout. Blackouts can range from hilarious to tragic, so it's always something you want to have in the back of your mind.

I've done it before. 2 30mg oxy and one green xanex bar. Not sure of the mg. I can't tell you I remember it tho lol

Not a good idea, though it's a fairly common combo, and can also be a fairly lethal combo. If you are going to, start low and take it slow. Mixing cns depressants often results in stronger effects from both, so .5mg Xanax and opiods may fuck you up like 2mg of Xanax by it self. Be careful friend.