• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone withdrawal with thyroid disease?

Teaandcrumpets

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, apologies in advance if I have posted in the wrong place, I don't post on here very often but rather just read the interesting material here.
So my question is in regards to Oxycodone withdrawal and thyroid disease. Recently, I got diagnosed as having hyperthyroidism and it has quickly switched to being hypOthyroidism due to a doctor trying to slow down my thyroid''s release of hormones. Nowe I have to take a medication that helps produce thyroid hormone, thus I am supposedly hypothyroidism currently. I also use Oxycodone and want to stop and am wondering if anyone knows how long withdrawal lasts with this. Since hypothyroidism slows down your metabolism, does this mean the drug will leave my system at a slower rate (not 3-4 days, maybe double that) thus prolonging withdrawal symptoms? I have cold turkeyed this a few times already and it was a painful struggle, I don't want it to be any longer than it usually is; I am just curious if anyone knows how drug withdrawal (particularly with opioids) relates to hypothyroidism. I search on google on my phone and can't seem to find much information. Help would be appreciated, if there is any at all. Thank you in advance.

yeah, a slower metabolism will effect your body's clearance rate. but it shouldn't be more than a day or so longer, no biggie