• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone vs. Percocet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

octdisneytrip

Greenlighter
Hello all! I am new to posting to the BL forums, but have read a lot of threads over the years and learned a lot of information. I have a question for you all, I?m hoping someone could help me with.

I have been seeing my pain management doctor for several years. However, he recently went out of practice and left me without a doctor to get my medication from. I was taking Percocet 7.5/325 three times daily which kept my pain at bay. I won?t lie, I dosed recreationally as well.

Since he went out of practice I found a local street source of Percocet which I have been getting my medication from and things have been fine. However, this person?s doctor switched them from Percocet 10/325 to Roxicodone 10mg because of the long term Tylenol use. They are the IR Roxicodone not the ER Oxycontin. However, I?ve noticed when I take them they have almost zero effect unlike the Percocet did. I would get a nice euphoric nod from the Percocet, and basically nada from the Roxi. It doesn?t even help with pain relief.

I picked this prescription up from CVS, so I know the pills are legit. Has anyone heard of this or noticed this themselves? Or is it just me?

Thank you everyone!

Well tylenol combined with an opiate is supposed to be extremely good for pain relief, removing the tylenol is going to reduce the pain relieving qualities to some degree. It's weird that you'd say that roxicodone is less effective as most people would say the opposite.

Roxycodone is just a brand name for oxycodone. They're the same drug only Percocet has acetaminophen. Do you think it's possible that your tolerance has gone up since you're not seeing your doctor anymore? That could explain the lack of nod and pain relief. You could try taking some OTC Tylenol with your dose and see if that helps. Ibuprofen and Motrin would give oxy a boost as well.

No one is really sure exactly how acetaminophin works to relieve pain, but I had a doc tell me once that they think it acts on the central nervous system rather than locally (where the pain is), so it could be a potentiator for opioids. Personally I have also noticed a better effect from percocet compared to roxi (at my usual oxy dosage).

Take some Tylenol with your dose, see if that helps. I am sure it is playing a role(a significant one), but I also wouldn't be surprised if your tolerance is also rising. There is what I call acute tolerance, which goes down quickly from say not using for a day, but the longer you've been doing opiates even if you had some kind of short term break, the less you are going to get out of them and eventually the threshold for what you consider a recreational dose is going to rise no matter what you do.

I hate to be the returning Stasi Officer of Bluelight, but we really are wasting space on our front page dedicated to peoples' opinions of differing effects from different brands of generic pills of any kind. If you are not experiencing euphoria in the same manner, it is far more likely that another variable, such as tolerance, is causing this phenomenon. All pills have the same content of labeled and stated potency. Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.