• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone, tramadol and the flu

angel8

Bluelighter
I currently have the flu. Not brought on by opioid withdrawal. I take a maximum of 50-100 mgs of tramadol a day and usually only one oxycodone about 5 days a week. This is for a chronic nerve issue that responds very well to these medications. Since I have been sick, I have stopped the tramadol. It gives me a false sense of feeling better. I have also stopped the oxycodone, but would like to take one. I can't tell if the aches I am having are from the actual flu or withdrawing from the painkillers, even at low doses. My question is, will it be detrimental to take an oxycodone in regards to me getting better from this flu? Been out of work a few days and don't want to continue being sick. I've also stopped the Robittuson the doctor told me to take, as it doesn't make me feel very good. Any advice is welcome. Thank you!

A little bit of Oxy plus some Paracetamol will help alot with ur flu symptoms.

oxy is an immunosurpressant like morphine so I wouldn't recommend it if you want to give yourself the best possible recovery

if you still want to take it though you should follow your doctor's advice and take the robotussin (assuming it's got dxm as an active ingredient)
dxm and other nmda antags can reverse opioid tolerance and potentiate them if they're taken around 40 minutes before dosing

Thank you for your answers. I pretty much stopped the painkillers as I have had this flu for almost a month! I needed to make sure my immune system ws stronger.