• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone to Morphine sulfate dose

Alien47

Bluelighter
Ok so how many mgs of morphine sulfate is equal to 15 mgs of oxy (snorted)

Oxy is about 1.5 x's stronger than morphine, so 15mg oxy =~ 22.5 mg morphine. That being said, morphine sulfate is sustained release, so you get the dose over the span of the day, and should not be snorted..

- Hopeless 7nos

The "opioid conversion chart" is literally at the top of your screen ;)

But yes, IR/ER obviously makes a difference. Snorting, depending on the pill, may defeat the ER mechanism with varying degrees of success (i.e. some may hit immediately, all may hit immediately, and some or all may still be delayed.)

They do make IR MoSO4.

and a lovely thing it is, some of them IIRC are pretty good for shooting (inasmuch as pills are pretty good for shooting, which is to say not at all ...) but me? I never understood the point of oral morphine, even in legitimate medical practice.

Yeah but you have a bit different perspective, methinks. I actually like oral morphine around 100mg. Warmness that others lack.

But medically? If it's pain and it's pills I would probably go with oxycodone the vast majority of the time, sometimes good old T3's maybe, not much hydrocodone, probably no dilaudid, can't see much reason for oral morphine but (thank God in the current legal climate) this is not my area of expertise on the other side of the equation as it were.

Its still legitimate for some. I agree that oxy is superior medically but have a few people stable on morphine with no real issues. Oxycodone has a bad reputation to many, as well.

Anyway, to reiterate what was said, look up opioid conversion.