• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone & throwing up

Sasha88

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I'm new here and hope someone can give me some thoughts about my predicament.

ive been doing a minimum of 4-6 oxycodone 20mg/ day for years... Been dealing w opiate addiction for over a decade. I have a strong constitution and can normally handle my drugs well, small to large amounts.

I tend to run out of my monthly prescription early (I need it for chronic pain but I can't keep to my pill schedule... blah blah ... same old story). Anyway I usually go off pillz for a week or two a month, go through w/d, then start to feel human again and then start up again when it's time for my script. I know it sounds completely insane to do that, but that's how it is for now until I decide to finally quit (I'm heading in that direction slowly) or can get a grip and take them as directed. For those thinking of getting into opioids, please be careful. It can turn into an ugly addiction.

Anyway, I never had any issues with going back on oxy after being off for a bit... But several months ago I started puking from it for 3-5 days after I started up again. And I'm not talking big doses when I'm starting up again... I could puke from taking 2-3 pills over the course of an 8 hour day, which for me isn't a lot. It usually starts the second day I start back on them. After I use them for a week, (power through the puking) it does away, as if it's that I need to get my tolerance back.

i saw a similar post about this and H... wondering if it's a similar problem....?

I even started plugging it to try and not upset my stomach but that doesn't work either. I have prescription anti nausea meds but even they don't do much when I'm in this state.
This past month is the first time in months that I haven't gotten sick when going back on. Why? Who knows...

I've even been to the gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy so I know my tummy is ok.

any thoughts as to why this would suddenly have started up out of nowhere ... and now possibly have stopped for no reason? There's nothing different I'm doing, no dosage change. The only thing I can think of is my pharmacy switched manufacturers ... The ones I had done for years were tiny and blue and the ones I now get are big and white. Could it be the Fillers causing this?
Not sure if not puking last month was a fluke. I'll be in the same situation in a few weeks when I get my monthly script so we will see if I get sick again. Fun game. Very glamorous. :/

Any thoughts about this or suggestions etc would be appreciated. Puking and having a bad upset stomach for almost a week really sucks. I'm usually pretty good with medical stuff but I can't figure out why the sudden change ... unless my body is just sick of it and is giving me the finger....

Last edited:
Its unlikely (but not totally impossible) the excipients are the cause. Do you have any sensitivities or allergies to drugs, dyes, foods etc? If you know the brands, I can compare for you.

Still think its either coincidental or the normal nausea and vomitting moderately high dose opioids can cause though.

Are excipients the same as binders/ fillers?
I don't have the script info with me (I'm out of town) but I'll be able to get them over the weekend when I'm home. I'll post back to this thread ... Hopefully you'll see it :)
i just want to make sure I get you the exact brand to maybe hopefully find an answer.

im allergic to tetracycline , amoxicillin and penicillin... don't handle sulfur meds that well either. Nothing else that I know of.

my stomach isn't one of those Iron clad ones... But it's strange to seemingly suddenly have this reaction... Unless it's due to a slow build of abuse over time? Although again, I went to the doc and my stomach tested out a-ok.

thanks for offering to help. I'll post the brands this weekend. Thank you!!!

Yup, excipients is the fancy pharmacy word. :) I will be here. No rush.

Yup, excipients is the fancy pharmacy word. :) I will be here. No rush.

Hi!! :)
Ok I have the drug info (based on my earlier post in this thread)-- so the oxycodone 20s that never made me sick was made by KVK-TECH. They were the little blue pills.

then I got switched several months ago at the pharmacy to larger white oxycodone 20 mg made by RHODES Pharm. it was around the time I was switched that, when I'd run out of pills early and then go back on after a week or two, I started to deal w/ nausea/ vomiting (even when plugging) for 3-5 days. As if my system needed to adjust.... only I never had this issue when I was on the blue pills. I think it's the filler/ binders in the new white pills ... But I'd love to hear your thoughts!

thanks for the help!!

Nausea and even puking are extremely common with opiates. I never puked on opiates, but I would get horrible stomach cramps while coming down from low doses of only 5mg of oxycodone. So that's one major reason why I completely stopped using all opiates more than a decade ago. I would get cramps like that both when eating food on it, and on an empty stomach. Good luck cutting back on opiates, and getting off them.

Yeah when I go through my script too quickly, my stomach gets terrible cramps almost within the day.

what's confusing to me is that I've taken oxycodone for over a decade, and never been sick from them. But within the past 6 months or so of my meds changing to a different brand, I now get sick after not taking my meds for a week or two and then re-upping.

I had an endoscopy recently and all is fine... I just wondered what could have changed? Possibly just the side effect of long term opiod abuse.

It's one of the reasons why I've finally realized I can't keep taking them forever and am wrapping my head around the fact that I must keep cutting down and go off them.

thanks very much for your response! :) And congrats on stopping opiates for so long! :)