• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone: Staggered Dosing Does NOT Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_25

Bluelighter
In light of harm reduction, BL members always err on the side of caution. Constant phrase: "You can take more, but you cant take less ..." For instance, first time Oxy users are told to start out with no more than 15 mg. Bluelighters say, "If you don't feel high after 30 minutes, take another 5 mg ..."

This is pointless, as the initial dose of oxy starts to kick in (but not enough to get high) you are forced to wait 30 more minutes for the extra 5 mg. The rate of the initial does is already decreasing as soon as you take that second tablet. To get high, you need to take the amount in one go. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, so here is my own story of today.

I woke up in the morning and took 20 mg of oxy (in the form of Percs) and 40 minutes since taking the tablets I didn't feel high. Thus, after 40 minutes, I took another 10 mg to try to get high. After 1 hour and 20 minutes I still wasn't really feeling much, so I took another 10 mg ... still felt very little. So basically over a 80 minute period I consumed a total of 40 IR oxycodone -- and felt LITTLE.

I can assure you that had I taken 40 mg of oxy in ONE dose, I would be high as fuck. This gradually increase in taking the drug renders it ineffective, as I barely felt anything. To reap the maximum high, the dose should be taken once. Of course, one needs to know his or her own limits in regard to tolerance, etc. I just feel this phrase "Can't take less, only more" is wasting time, money, and your painkillers.

Sorry if this is hard to read or understand, but I've been awake for 28 hours now.

This isn't harm reduction, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.