• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone Overdose? Oxycontin OP Help?

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hello everyone last night I took approximately half of an Oxycontin 80mg OP, so somewhere around 40mgs of Extended Release Oxycodone. I have a low tolerance with me usually doing 15mg or 20mg of Oxycodone instant release with Percocets. I heard for Oxycontin OPs you have to take twice the dose you usually do for an instant release form for the same high.

So around 5:00 last night I bite about half off the Oxycontin 80mg OP which started to gel up and turned into a pain in the ass. I might have had a little more or less than 40mg. About thirty minutes after taking it I smoked a few bong bowls of some dank marijuana. Feeling stoned and good with the Oxycodone starting to kick in I got some food and met up with a few more friends. Around 8 or 9 they started to notice my skin was turning pale with a greenish yellowish tint. I didn't notice much of a difference but my pupils were very dilated. I went to order a smoothie and while this was happening my vision got very yellowish with black dots everywhere, almost like I was about to pass out. My head was throbbing at the same time. But when I went to go sit down this stopped and I got very nauseous for a quick minute or two. This went away but my skin was still screwed up for the rest of the night. Once we got home I got very tired but managed to smoke some more marijuana. I was sort of scared of falling asleep but it happened without me realizing.

It's been about 20 hours since this happened, my skin is back to normal but my eyes are a bit dilated still. I'm assuming I'll be fine but did I still suffer an overdose?

Also, the rest of the Oxycontin OP has turned white and is not longer covered in the gel. It's usually green, will it still work? Of course I don't plan on taking the other half at once.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers.

That double the dose applies when converting dose from pills taken every six hours to Oxycontin for pain management when you take them without splitting the pill.

Splitting the pill does give more surface area for it and therefore although it gels up it will release it's contents much faster than intact pill. Hence you have taken something like 50% more than your dose and you had an OD. Luckily your didn't stopped breathing. Be careful with those next time and don't take that already somewhat degraded pill at once as it will release it's contents even faster.

Thanks, shouldn't have taken that much and will probably stick with Percocets once this Oxycontin is gone. Very glad it wasn't more serious.

So the other part of the pill is still around 40mg or is it less because the pill gelled up? Is it still extended release or is it instant release now? Would taking half or three quarters of the rest of the pill be fine? How long should I wait to take Oxy again because of the OD?

Also I don't see why the Oxycontin formulation was changed from OC to OP anyways. It seems overdosing is much more easier with the new formulation...

Gelling up has released some of the contents on to the surface and it is a bit more brittle therefore some of the contents are IR but most are still ER so it will release contents faster than intact pill.

I would take a half and see where it leads and then take quarter later if it isn't enough. Taking whole half would just lead to another OD.

OP formula is here to prevent IV use and doesn't do much for making them IR. Soaking some into a coke or similar for 12 hours or more and then drinking it will give you a same IR experience as the old formula.

This does not sound like an oxy od at all. Also that time release releases slowly due to the gel, i normally have to HUNDREDS of mgs of the OPs to get ANY pain relief of good effect from them so while its better to take less, i do not think this was caused by the oxy at all. Maybe a reaction to the inactives in it, the weed or just something else entirely but that does not sound like what i have seen first hand or dealt with around oxy ods.