• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone: onset time

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Out of all the opiates/opioids I have tried, oxy seems to take the longest to kick in when taken orally. I'm talking about 30 to 40 minutes before I begin to start high. However, I haven't touched oxy in nearly three months and have been using Tylenol 3, 420 mg (CWE) for the past few days.

With opiate conversion charts, should I set my cross-tolerance to the highest amount -- 50%? In addition, analgesic wise, 420 mg of codeine is equivalent to 42 mg of oxycodone. However, would I be treading dangerous waters if I were to down 40 mg of IR oxy?

Given you've been off of Oxycodone for a few months I'd reduce the dose to 20mg in accordance with ur reduced tolerance. Remember you can always take more, never less. Plus Oxycodone is far more potent than Codeine. Try taking it as soon as you get up in the morning on an empty stomach

Given you've been off of Oxycodone for a few months I'd reduce the dose to 20mg in accordance with ur reduced tolerance. Remember you can always take more, never less. Plus Oxycodone is far more potent than Codeine. Try taking it as soon as you get up in the morning on an empty stomach
Nevertheless, codeine has been used. Thus my tolerance hasn't dropped to zero since I've been doing 420 mg of codeine in one hit, once a day. I have to take that into account. It's just these opioid conversion charts ... depending on the cross-tolerance percentage my dose varies from 21 mg to 38 mg ...

^ 30mg then-is it that OP or oxy classic?

Anyway, Oxycodone oral Tmax is about 100 minutes on average, range like 1-2 hours, so 30-40 minutes would be prettying standard

Hell morphine IV can take 10 or 15 minutes to really kick in, and it and buprenorphine can take longer to peak, even IV

I made a whole chart* with this info... Anyway, snorting has a much faster onset, Tmax <25 minutes, rapid onset, higher Cmax(*), it is worth a shit, though reduce dose and use proper snorting technique

Certainly don’t plug it, it can take 3-4 hours to peak (btw, Tmax is how long to reach peak plasma levels, and basically the drugs peak effect, or pretty close)