• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone not working question

BobC

Greenlighter
Hi, I am prescribed oxycodone hcl 10mg. Have been taking them a little over a year. I had my script filled last week, and am having issues. I take my pills pretty much as described, and the new script is not working. I have tried snorting, nothing. I have tried with grapefruit juice, nothing. I did a search on the generic brand that I got this time, kvk-tech, and have read this is a known common problem with this brand. Something to do with the drug not being released by the binders. I am having to take 3 at a time, to just not get sick, where I am usually fine with my 4 a day. My question is, is there a way to release the oxy from the binders before I eat them. I will be eating it as normal, so I am not worried about filtering or anything, just need it to work. I am already going to be out before my next refill. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, I am prescribed oxycodone hcl 10mg. Have been taking them a little over a year. I had my script filled last week, and am having issues. I take my pills pretty much as described, and the new script is not working. I have tried snorting, nothing. I have tried with grapefruit juice, nothing. I did a search on the generic brand that I got this time, kvk-tech, and have read this is a known common problem with this brand. Something to do with the drug not being released by the binders. I am having to take 3 at a time, to just not get sick, where I am usually fine with my 4 a day. My question is, is there a way to release the oxy from the binders before I eat them. I will be eating it as normal, so I am not worried about filtering or anything, just need it to work. I am already going to be out before my next refill. Thanks in advance for any help.

Being on the same dose for over a yr is the problem, your pain Doc should raise your dose a bit. Tell him it doesn't work like they use too and that you just want to be comfortable. You "need" to taper your pills and put up with the pain so you do not run out because when you do you will think you've been sent to HELL I'm sure you already know this. GL

Answer: Tolerance
As what oxyfen said, just ask your doctor for an up, but personally i wouldnt recommend it. Just deal with the pain and dont be a wuss, because if you start building up a higher tolerance, wave good bye to your life!

Oxy is not for everyone, for someone like me, it works wonderfully for euphoria, but horribly for pain, while other opioids like morphine or hydrocodone suit me better. You may need a heavier agonist

Make sure you are taking the oxycodone with e.g. 400mg of ibuprofen if you have physical pain that needs to be handled, opioids all on their own are poor painkillers. Ibuprofen, naproxen or other NSAIDs are the best to combine, but acetaminophen works too if you absolutely cannot tolerate any of the -profens.