• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone high strength ??

Adrianm12

Bluelighter
Hi all, I did oxycodone about a month ago for the first time in a long time and it was great, but since that first use I’ve used daily and every single use after that was very very disappointing, even the second one after so I have a few questions.

1. to get a good high how much time between doses ? Many posts say 24 hours but I’ve used twice daily sometimes but once daily mostly and found this to not be correct, with 24 hours between my doses I’d just get a tickle of euphoria if that! Maybe I’ve got it all wrong can most people dose daily and still achieve a nice high? And when it dulls can they just creep up the dose and achieve the same high?

2. how long does oxy tolerance take to reset? For example no tolerance I’m 20mg, right now I’m 30-40mg so I’m curious how long it will take to be at 20 again? even at the higher doses I experience no good euphoria which I don’t get because from what I understand is that people increase their dose to achieve that same effect ?

3. And finally I am having a 5 day break,my Current dose is 30mg what should I dose in 5 days of absence ? I’ve researched mixed answers of 1 month reset to some people even saying 30-48 hours...thanks guys !

Tolerance just comes and goes and opiates in general are an inconsistent buzz. Some days I got my ass whooped by 10 milligrams and other days I could barely feel 30 milligrams. If it is a lack-luster high--just take what you can get and in my opinion don't try to take more to score what you initially wanted.

It's good that you're taking a break! People don't often do this enough with opioids (because the withdrawal makes them want to give up on living).. but with weed tolerance breaks is a thing. If you're on a steady flow of opioids without taking any breaks whatsoever the effects begin to suck and it makes painkillers more of a negative experience than a positive one. You've got 1 good year when it comes to oxycodone OP. That first year is probably the best of your life but I've found that it's not a good time anymore after year 1 :( Drugs--why won't you let me abuse you without any consequences! SHAME!

I know this isn't what you're looking for OP, but the answer(s) here are going to be based highly upon an individual's unique biology and their subjective experience.

There isn't really an answer that fits. The only thing we can say for sure is that tolerance occurs rapidly, leaves with time and that subjectivity makes this all extremely difficult to even guess at.

Tolerance just comes and goes and opiates in general are an inconsistent buzz. Some days I got my ass whooped by 10 milligrams and other days I could barely feel 30 milligrams. If it is a lack-luster high--just take what you can get and in my opinion don't try to take more to score what you initially wanted.

It's good that you're taking a break! People don't often do this enough with opioids (because the withdrawal makes them want to give up on living).. but with weed tolerance breaks is a thing. If you're on a steady flow of opioids without taking any breaks whatsoever the effects begin to suck and it makes painkillers more of a negative experience than a positive one. You've got 1 good year when it comes to oxycodone OP. That first year is probably the best of your life but I've found that it's not a good time anymore after year 1 :( Drugs--why won't you let me abuse you without any consequences! SHAME!
Yep I’ve definitely noticed that, it was like this - I had a 3-4 month break from oxy, then one day decided to try it again which was pretty nice, then used everyday after that for a month and every high after the first was pretty underwhelming and then toward that last week I was noticing sometimes I’d dose and get no euphoria and just mild anxiety somewhat. Not sure if it’s just me but oxy isn’t a very sustainable drug to abuse not really worth the addiction to dose and feel nothing not sure if it’s my body make up or not but yeah. That’s why I was curious on how much time it roughly requires between doses to achieve a “worth it” high

I know this isn't what you're looking for OP, but the answer(s) here are going to be based highly upon an individual's unique biology and their subjective experience.

There isn't really an answer that fits. The only thing we can say for sure is that tolerance occurs rapidly, leaves with time and that subjectivity makes this all extremely difficult to even guess at.
Yeah I guess you’re right there ! Thanks for your reply

Yep I’ve definitely noticed that, it was like this - I had a 3-4 month break from oxy, then one day decided to try it again which was pretty nice, then used everyday after that for a month and every high after the first was pretty underwhelming and then toward that last week I was noticing sometimes I’d dose and get no euphoria and just mild anxiety somewhat. Not sure if it’s just me but oxy isn’t a very sustainable drug to abuse not really worth the addiction to dose and feel nothing not sure if it’s my body make up or not but yeah. That’s why I was curious on how much time it roughly requires between doses to achieve a “worth it” high

Well considering my withdrawal had PAWS (depression after the sick part that everyone loves) and I found waking up everyday in a cold and cruel world being joyless for 5 whole months--I have come to think that oxycodone wants to make one suffer unless used sparingly.

Your minor withdrawal symptoms (some fatigue and gloom and doom) will become more apparent with scattered use unless it's disciplined. I really actually do love life at the end of the day as much as I can complain and make fun of it. But opiate withdrawal is one of the few things that can make me want to die lol. It was really bad man don't do it to yourself!

Iv
Well considering my withdrawal had PAWS (depression after the sick part that everyone loves) and I found waking up everyday in a cold and cruel world being joyless for 5 whole months--I have come to think that oxycodone wants to make one suffer unless used sparingly.

Your minor withdrawal symptoms (some fatigue and gloom and doom) will become more apparent with scattered use unless it's disciplined. I really actually do love life at the end of the day as much as I can complain and make fun of it. But opiate withdrawal is one of the few things that can make me want to die lol. It was really bad man don't do it to yourself!
I’ve been through it before ! Withdrew off a buprenorphine patch witch was given for a back injury, mind you was only 10mcg per hour for 1 week per patch, was on it for 4 continuous months, then I dropped the dose by 2.5mg every 2 weeks and it was horrible and this was only medicinal doses and a controlled withdrawal by doctor , it scares me to think what people go through cold turkey off heroin or oxy..

I've been on oxy since 2010. I started out slow but by 2014 I was at 120 mg a day--then by 2016 I was taking 20-24 60 mg tablets a day--around 1500 mg a day. I lived in the UK for 8 years, I just came back . I have been on about 600 mgs a day now -I took the really high amt for 3 yrs maybe--the problem is I just moved from the UK where pharmacies do't share info and I had 5 drs at one time--they had started dropping me or trying to taper me down as they thought the 60 60 mgs a month and 30 mgs a month was high.....anyway-I am back in the US for about a week -thought I could get a dr --couldn't - I am on day 4 of wds --I had tapered down to 300 mgs a day- I don't take anything else-well the UK did give me valium-they stopped the xanax I took for 20 years. I found a dr finally who can see me next week, but my son won't let her prescribe me oxy--he is very insistent--I don't know if I can even make it until next week anyway--I still feel horrible--a little better maybe-what is the real timetable of withdrawals? I really want to know went the physical symptoms will get better. Thank you