• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone, help needed quick!

Insanelykrazee

Greenlighter
Hello!
I am a first time poster on bluelight so please forgive me if I am.unaware of any rules of posting.

I had a major spinal surgery on Friday and was due to be out of the hospital after 2 days. 2 turned into 5 due to pain levels not being controlled. I was on 15mg of oxycodone every 4 hours, 20mg of oxycodone every 12, 5mg of valium every 8 (i suffer from anxiety disorder and being in unfamiliar places far from home..I'm currently 4-5 hours from home). I was taken off of iv dilaudid the first day as they intended for me to be discharged in a day or two but was allowed dilaudid as needed (usually just to sleep). The entire time (outside of iv dilaudid) my pain levels did not get below a 7 and would often spike to a 9 or 10 which is not what I was told it would be.

I am currently in a physical rehab center due to the uncontrollable pain and inability to walk unassisted. They have upped my meds to 20mg oxycodone every 12 hours, 7.5 every 4 10mg valium 3x a day or something along those lines. I am STILL not getting pain levels below 7 and having pain spikes. It seems as if my body is burning off the medication which is weird because I've only been on kratom and 5mg 3x a day for pain management.

I'm supposed to talk to my doctor today and was thinking of requesting hydromorphone tablets or oral liquid. Will my oxy tolerance make hydro entirely inadequate? They do not offer iv medication here. I am in immense pain to the point where if I could walk to find heroin, I probably would(even though it's something I swore i would never do.) I'm not even catching the euphoric buzz that

Please help. I am calling my doctor soon and need advice.

Side note, I also have not had a bowel movement since an enema in the hospital a few days ago yet do not feel the need to go. Could this have an effect?
Is there something I'm doing wrong? I should not have such a high tolerance. I have not taken kratom in over a week either.
Any and all help will be appreciated as I am at the end of the rope.

Yeah I find when I’m real constipated and full of shit lol the pain meds don’t work as well , there are a lot of receptors in our gut as well .
Try not to come off as a drug seeker , show them what hurts really play it up because they might cut you off if you keep begging for more more more !

Thank you! I have straight bawled in front of them. The first night here, they messed up and weighed me with a lift which bent my spine and sent me into shock so they know im not full of it. The supervisor came and apologized. My surgeon may want to check and make sure the surgery wasn't compromised. Going to ask for am enema soon lol. Any recommendations on pain meds fellas?

I've thought about that but I'm also on effexor and valium for anxiety and have heard grapefruit juice can send one into overdose, is there any merit to this? I appreciate your advice, thank you!