• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone HCL & Alcohol & Adderall- NYE Party Question

artiecosmo

Greenlighter
My situation: My doctor recently prescribed my 20 mg oxycodone HCL. In the past my prescription was for 10 mg oxycodone acetaminophen. From reading I see the HCL means these new pills have no Tylenol in them? I am to take two of these pills per day- 40 mg as the prescription says.

I also am prescribed 15 mg Adderall which I am to take up to 2 times per day as needed.

Today I took the 20 mg of oxy at about 10 AM. Then broke the second pill in half (doctor and pharmacist both said this is OK) and took half #1 at about 1pm and half #2 at 4 pm. I took the adderall at 8 am and again at 4 pm.

Being NYE- we have a party to go to. I'm wondering if I have a couple of beers if it will be an issue? I'm not a huge drinker- 6 beers even without the oxy would give me a good sized buzz.

Additional information: My pain is enough that 10 mg more (half of the pill) of oxy would make me more comfortable, but if I don't take it I will manage.

Question 1: If I DON'T take another 10 mg of oxy and have 4-5 beers tonight over 4-5 hours am I playing with danger?

Question 2: If I DO take another 10 mg of oxy and have 4-5 beers tonight over 4-5 hours am I playing with danger?

Question 3: What if I take the whole 20 mg and then have the beers?

I would be fine without having any beers, but I don't want to get questions from friends about why I am not drinking. And its NYE and I do like beer. :)

I have been prescribed oxycodone for almost 3 years for my issue. The most I have ever done in a day is 75 mg. The first time I took the 20 HCL I could def. feel the difference from the 10 APAP. I don't know where that puts me on the tolerance chart but that is where I am.

Any responses or opinions would be appreciated.

With your given tolerance to the oxycodone, and the fact you will have a stimulant in your system Adderall, id say you will be okay to drink that 6 pack of beer. It's not usually advised to mix downers, but you have a good tolerance to oxy and 6 beers really isn't a crazy amount. Have a good night man!

With your given tolerance to the oxycodone, and the fact you will have a stimulant in your system Adderall, id say you will be okay to drink that 6 pack of beer. It's not usually advised to mix downers, but you have a good tolerance to oxy and 6 beers really isn't a crazy amount. Have a good night man!

Appreciate the reply. Thanks a lot.

Followup question: Am I going to get pretty drowsy or will the adderall help with that? I ask because I am hoping to get lucky :) haha. I'm perfectly OK if I'm a little sloppy, but I want to avoid drowsy if possible.

Thanks again.

Since you have adderall in your system along with the oxy and you have been on the oxy for that long i think you should be perfectly fine to drink a few beers over a few hours. Even if you take another 10mg you should be fine, just take it easy on the drinking and see how you feel, usually when i drink on top of opiates i get bad motion sickness and end up puking. So i just try to feel it out when drinking and not drink too fast, that way i will be able to stop before i drink too much. For you, just drink a little slower and take it easy and feel it out as you go, but you should be fine as you should have a decent tolerance for your prescribed amount and have been on it long enough that im sure if you drink slow you will be able to tell when enough is enough. As for taking another whole 20mg, that might end up making you nauseous with the beers but it also might not. Ide suggest not taking the whole 20mg and just feeling out how you are with none or just the 10mg. Anyways, Happy New Years and hope whatever you decide that you stay safe and have fun! Just my opinion on it all, im sure you will be fine, especially with the adderall in you.

Sorry- forgot to ask: Would you say if I take another 10mg of oxy right now- 7pm- it won't be a big deal? I'm not going to be shotgunning beers or taking shots or anything. Just casually having a few beers.

Thanks.

Since you have adderall in your system along with the oxy and you have been on the oxy for that long i think you should be perfectly fine to drink a few beers over a few hours. Even if you take another 10mg you should be fine, just take it easy on the drinking and see how you feel, usually when i drink on top of opiates i get bad motion sickness and end up puking. So i just try to feel it out when drinking and not drink too fast, that way i will be able to stop before i drink too much. For you, just drink a little slower and take it easy and feel it out as you go, but you should be fine as you should have a decent tolerance for your prescribed amount and have been on it long enough that im sure if you drink slow you will be able to tell when enough is enough. As for taking another whole 20mg, that might end up making you nauseous with the beers but it also might not. Ide suggest not taking the whole 20mg and just feeling out how you are with none or just the 10mg. Anyways, Happy New Years and hope whatever you decide that you stay safe and have fun! Just my opinion on it all, im sure you will be fine, especially with the adderall in you.

I appreciate the response. Thanks a bunch. It's funny that when I am searching the boards for questions similar to mine, I don't see a lot of people giving advice that says if you want to drink while taking an opiate you should take an adderall. I understand that is a horrible idea from the laymen, but it makes sense to me in the fact that combining downers (alcohol & oxy) with an upper (adderall) it would alleviate the concern of the nervous system shutting down. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place. Or maybe it is just such terrible advice no one would offer it, hahaha.

Thanks again for the response.

Tbh man I'd be more worried about the oxy and beer causing erectile dysfunction lol at least it would for me hope you get lucky tho!