• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone giving you stomach pains and severe cramps?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I've been taking these suckers for 7 months or so. But dam lately I've been getting severe stomach cramps , like I want to curl in a ball and not move until there gone. I take a Zantac and like 2 tablespoons of robbitussin. Does any or has anyone experience such strong withdrawal or stomach cramps within hours so quickly.

Has something in your regimen changed like dosage or frequency of use? Oxycodone can sometimes make me nauseated if there's not enough food in my stomach but I don't get cramps.

Sadly, I would say that this is a pretty normal and expected situaiton. Opioids have a very powerful impact on your gastrointestinal system. It slow motility of the intestines, where there are Opioid receptors, leading to constipation and all of the side effects that come with it. Maybe it's a gross question, but are you having regular bowel movements?

Thanks Keif. Like once a day and it's a struggle. I was always regular two threee times a day.

Okay, what is your experience with laxatives? I reccomend Miralax as a first-line choice. It works great for many, including myself. It's not a stimulant laxative, which is important. As insane as it is, you can become dependent upon stimulant laxatives just like drugs and end up not being able to go without them. When you say it's a struggle, do you mean you have impacted, very difficult bowel movements?

I really think that fixing your bowel movements will improve your situation greatly. Keep us posted.