• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone First Time

AboundingCluck

Greenlighter
Hi,

Looking for some advice, just recieved 2 x 10mg Oxycodone.

I'm very experienced with codeine and particularly dihydrocodeine. Current tolerance is 250mg of Dihydrocodeine and even that is starting to wear off a bit.

What should I do with these Oxys? How much do I need?

Thanks!

take them orally, take 1 pill (10mg) and if you don't feel it in 2-2.5 hours you can take the other one. considering you are not completely opioid naive you can handle the 20mg, but it's better to just start with 10mg.

take them orally, take 1 pill (10mg) and if you don't feel it in 2-2.5 hours you can take the other one. considering you are not completely opioid naive you can handle the 20mg, but it's better to just start with 10mg.

Thanks, so you don't think there is any need to defeat the slow release function of them? Going by the conversion table on here looks like 20mg Oxy is going to be equivalent of 100mg Dihydrocodeine, don't want to take the Oxys and feel fuck all. I suppose what I'm wandering is will my tolerance for dihydrocodeine transfer to a tolerance for Oxy, or is it going to hit me harder because I have never experienced Oxy before? Was going to snort them but that drips down the throat put me right off....

Thanks, so you don't think there is any need to defeat the slow release function of them? Going by the conversion table on here looks like 20mg Oxy is going to be equivalent of 100mg Dihydrocodeine, don't want to take the Oxys and feel fuck all. I suppose what I'm wandering is will my tolerance for dihydrocodeine transfer to a tolerance for Oxy, or is it going to hit me harder because I have never experienced Oxy before? Was going to snort them but that drips down the throat put me right off....
Don't snort them. Eat the them.

The conversion is for therapeutic effects and not subjective effects. You'll probably feel something off 20 mg of Oxy even with a DHC tolerance.. But don't expect too much. If you have 'OC' Oxy's then I'd crush them as fine as possible to defeat the time release and neck them with a drink.

pete is right, if you have extended release ones you can crush them and swallow them in a lil bit of rolling paper or some really thin paper towel/toilet paper, but only a bit, the rolling paper option is less disgusting, i don't know what type of oxy do you have but in my country the oxycodone sandoz is chewable, although if your pills have a hard coating don't hurt your teeth. it seems odd to me that they would make an ER version of the 10mg ones, even for chronic pain patients, that's a very low amount released per hour considering that you don't get the 10mg at once.

down a carbonated drink right after swallowing, it helps the release action a little ( not 100% sure about this tho and why ) . if the release system can't be modified to instant release, you can take both of them, since you would get only 2.5mg per hour I suppose ( not sure about the exact value, but you don't get the full amount)

Yes DHC has a cross tolerance with oxy. If they're the abuse resistant XR oxy then you probably won't be very impressed with the effects. If you can crush them and dissolve them in water then you might have a chance of getting decent effects.

With your tolerance i'd say take both of them at once dissolved in water. If you don't get the desired effects please refrain from dosing DHC to make up for it, in my experience mixing opiates just leads to more negative side effects.

Yes DHC has a cross tolerance with oxy. If they're the abuse resistant XR oxy then you probably won't be very impressed with the effects. If you can crush them and dissolve them in water then you might have a chance of getting decent effects.

With your tolerance i'd say take both of them at once dissolved in water. If you don't get the desired effects please refrain from dosing DHC to make up for it, in my experience mixing opiates just leads to more negative side effects.

Yeah there would be no way I would be mixing any opiates in a 24 hour period, don't worry about that. Think they will just be thrown in the back of the cupboard if I'm honest and left for a rainy day, doesn't seem like I will get much from them.

Really appreciate the responses everyone!