• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxycodone dosing for max recreational value

chronicpaincp

Greenlighter
How should one take their oxycodone for the best high? One has chronic pain so takes oxycodone everyday but want to know the best way to take it to get the most out of it.

Should one:

1 - take lower doses and build up over few hours?

2 - take higher doses from the first day dose?

One takes around 250mg a day - so one takes the doses differently depending on the day but usually takes them over a 3-4hr period (at least 30mins between doses).

1. 20mg,20mg,40mg,60mg,80mg,30mg
2. 40mg, 60mg, 80mg, 70mg

One is wondering if it would be better to take a much higher dose first up and then lower doses to keep it bumped up: e.g, 100mg, 50mg, 50mg, 50mg?

Can someone explain what would be the most beneficial for a recreational high? One wouldn?t take 250 in one dose as one needs pain relief throughout the day

Normally lots of staggered doses are not conducive to a good high.
If you need them for pain relief and are already on that high of a dose i doubt you?ll get much use out of them recreationally. I can?t stop you from using these recreationally but just know that doing so will jack your tolerance up faster then using them purely for pain.

If you take oxycodone for recreational purposes I would take as much as possible initially and complement it with about 40 mg every four hours. How much you can take initially then depends on the amount of time you wish to feel the effects.

However, it is my personal experience that there exist some kinda of seeling effect around 250-300 mg oxycodone where I do not feel more effects no matter the amount I take above that limit. Thus, once you reach that limit and get a tolerance you have to lower that tolerance (I usually try to lower it 100 mg) by taking smaller doses for a period of time or taking another opiate/opioide (also at a comparative lower dose).
When your tolerance starts to diminish you can slowly increase your intake again and feel much more euphoria again.

But from a pain management / HR perspective it is really stupid to take doses ranging from 250+ mg oxycodone.
Today I only take 160 mg daily together with 180 mg methadone.