• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone. Difference of snorting vs. oral

jonesboog

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. My friend has built up quite the tolerance to Oxy. Barely feeling the effects anymore. If one takes 100mg at a time, would snorting the same exact amount as taking it orally be the way to go? Or would you suggest to only snort half the first time? Any feedback please.

In my experience snorting it was twice as good as eating it.some ppl agree with me some don't.some ppl are 100% certain that eating it is better than snorting it but I wouldn't have enjoyed snorting it 10x as much as when I ate them if it wasn't better.it was heavenly. try snorting 50-100mgs and see for yourself.i was crushing the old formula 80s and they were awesome.40mg taken this way was a great start to the day.4-5lines from the other 40mgs would last the rest of the day just by having a little line every few hours.this allowed me to be smashed all day of one 80.it didn't when i ate them.another time I snorted 4 of the 5mg ones and it didn't do what a quarter of the 80s would have done but there's a lot more chalk in the 5mgs so that's a factor in whether snorting it does more than eating it.try it yourself and report back.

Oral actually has a slightly higher BA than insufflation. If they are the slow-release OC or OP OxyContin, I found the best non-IV way to take them was to peel the film off (hold the pill firmly between index finger and thumb for 30 seconds and it should peel off all in one on either side) and then chew them extremely thoroughly. This will give you a faster and bigger rush (x3 on an empty stomach or after a fatty meal*) as you will destroy any time-release and get it all at once as well as having being in such small particles that it broken down in just minutes.
*Oxy is known to be lipophilic.

Drinking white grapefruit juice, tonic water or alka-seltzer 30 mins beforehand is a big boost also.

Oral actually has a slightly higher BA than insufflation. If they are the slow-release OC or OP OxyContin, I found the best non-IV way to take them was to peel the film off (hold the pill firmly between index finger and thumb for 30 seconds and it should peel off all in one on either side) and then chew them extremely thoroughly. This will give you a faster and bigger rush (x3 on an empty stomach or after a fatty meal*) as you will destroy any time-release and get it all at once as well as having being in such small particles that it broken down in just minutes.

Drinking white grapefruit juice, tonic water or alka-seltzer 30 mins beforehand is a big boost also.
Shouldve known these things back in 2012 when i had bottles of 100 10 mg Old school oxies haha

You know, this is one of those deals where one group will swear snorting them is the only way to go and another who will say all the literature says blah blah blah and that orally is the only intelligent way to go.

To each his own because I just don't believe there's enough of a difference to get all hung up about. But then again, that's just my opinion.

I get 100mg twice a day on rx and with my morning dose I like to insufate 60 then about twelve do another twenty mg then same about three o'clock then with my nightly dose I prefer to take them orally as they hold me till the morning better.
I find using them this way the best and it keeps me from scoring on the street

Im actually in the same boat in not knowing what is best. Im on 120mg x4 a day. Real high tolerance. As someone who is trying to quit while at the same time trying to cope with the physical pain/ mental pain tapering has given me in the past, would u have any advice on the best route to taper while not suffering too much?

I'm also prescribed Promethazine (pill form). I use it to not get nauscious when taking oxy. Does that combo just sedate a person more or would it actually help the body absorb more of the oxy?

During these possible Quarantine Times I'm trying to find a way to not overuse pain pills/ hopefully begin tapering the overall amount.

If theres anyway that I can do this while trying to get the most bang for my buck (meaning how to efficiently make the amount I'm taking be put to use)?

I tried looking up Alka Seltzer and Tonic water effects on Oxy and couldnt really find anything stating it helps absorb more. I saw it with grapefruit at least, any further advice on that? @Nightraver

I'm also prescribed Promethazine (pill form). I use it to not get nauscious when taking oxy. Does that combo just sedate a person more or would it actually help the body absorb more of the oxy?

During these possible Quarantine Times I'm trying to find a way to not overuse pain pills/ hopefully begin tapering the overall amount.

If theres anyway that I can do this while trying to get the most bang for my buck (meaning how to efficiently make the amount I'm taking be put to use)?

I tried looking up Alka Seltzer and Tonic water effects on Oxy and couldnt really find anything stating it helps absorb more. I saw it with grapefruit at least, any further advice on that? @Nightraver
To be honest all I can think of with the soda is maybe the gas or citric acid content help it's absorption maybe even the tonic water with quinine could help I know hot tea helps
me

Im actually in the same boat in not knowing what is best. Im on 120mg x4 a day. Real high tolerance. As someone who is trying to quit while at the same time trying to cope with the physical pain/ mental pain tapering has given me in the past, would u have any advice on the best route to taper while not suffering too much?

If you want to taper all the way down I would recommend a taper of between 6 months and 5 years depending on how long you have been using and how little withdrawal based discomfort you want to feel. For me the plan is a total taper of about 2 years coming from a 5 year addiction which maxxed out at 100mg methadone and a couple points of fentanyl heroin every day, equivalent to about 800-1000 mg oxycodone/day (100mg methadone is 800mg daily oxy) I wasn't at this high of a dose the whole time though. I found the first 50% of the reduction easy, probably because I wasn't on that max dose for too long, so at first try to get as low as possible where you can still manage fine. After 1 year of taper I have cut down 85% and am expecting another 6 months to 1 year for the last 15% but I already feel so much better. My reductions recently have been 10mg morphine(7mg oxy) every 2 weeks, maybe with a oxy 5mg reduction every week or 2 would be doable without to much pain. I get some insomnia for a couple days after each reduction and some other relatively mild symptoms

The oral bioavailability is actually higher, which means you absorb more of it when you eat it. However snorting results in a more rapid blood serum level, which produces more of a rush, which is probably why some people like it more. Personally I prefer eating it as it lasts longer.