• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone and Valium dangerous?

royalmisfit

Greenlighter
Is taking 120 mg of oxycodone and 5 mg of Valium dangerous? I have a high tolerance for oxy usually take at least 120 mg a day to 220 mg. I don't really take Valium very often. Would taking 5 mg of Valium on top of the 120 mg of oxy be dangerous?

As a general rule, mixing multiple CNS depressants is something I always recommend against; the effects (which include respiratory depression and slowing of heart rate, and in cases of overdose can be fatal) will stack. Of the common known CNS depressants benzos and z-drugs (Ambien, Sonata, Lunesta) are by far the safest by themselves; massive overdoses of opiates, barbiturates, and alcohol are reliably fatal while massive overdoses of benzos and Z-drugs just leave you sedated and missing large chunks of memory. 5mg Valium by itself would be pretty harmless in the greater scheme of things; it's at the lower end of what you would consider a reasonable therapeutic dose for anxiety. Similarly, you've indicated that 120mg oxycodone is on the lower end of your regular dose. I'm tempted to say that in this specific case you'll most likely have some fun and get away with it reasonably unscathed; that said, don't extrapolate that answer to significantly larger doses of benzos or opiates. Similarly, don't assume that holds true for any combination of CNS depressants that doesn't include benzos. Opiates, barbiturates, and quaaludes are all reasonably powerful respiratory depressants; mixing any two of them (let alone mixing two of them with benzos or stacking all three) is a fairly quick and easy way to kill yourself. Since I assume that's not your intent, I would advise you to keep that in mind with any future exploration you choose to do.

It's a pointless combo. Benzos dull opioid euphoria. It's not worth the risk as it provides little to no reward.

I know for a fact that Benzos and Methadone can be fatal- especially mixed with alcohol. There realy is no point, don't risk it.

That is very dangerous; That's what killed Heath Ledger. A Diazapam for anxiety and oxicodone for back pain will make you have no more problems ever.

Wow that little for an od, I assume he was not opioid nieve, can the same statement be used tiny pinker aid, for long time user of phentynl, methadone, and endone.

I have Complex Pain Syndrome from multiple acute pancreatitis attacks! Which now see me with no attacks, but always in pain, which they can not pin point why. With that in mind, I have now pared myself to Phyentyl patches 75's and 4 Diaz a day. The ER doctors the other day added 10 mg twice a day of oxi, and still 4 of Diaz, and 75 of Phyentyl. My previous use 6 moths ago was, 25 phentynl, 30 mg methadone and 20 endone per day, 4 Valium and 10 other pancreas related. . So I've dropped heaps, (actually too quick and too many, but docs wouldn't do it for me so I forced their hand.)
question is, a:) do you know for certain, ie you can back up with references, and the answer if there is one. Individuals I agree are different, but I assume amougth the internet stated stuff must be out there. I can't concentrate enough to do it myself.

thanks

Wow that little for an od, I assume he was not opioid nieve, can the same statement be used tiny pinker aid, for long time user of phentynl, methadone, and endone.

I have Complex Pain Syndrome from multiple acute pancreatitis attacks! Which now see me with no attacks, but always in pain, which they can not pin point why. With that in mind, I have now pared myself to Phyentyl patches 75's and 4 Diaz a day. The ER doctors the other day added 10 mg twice a day of oxi, and still 4 of Diaz, and 75 of Phyentyl. My previous use 6 moths ago was, 25 phentynl, 30 mg methadone and 20 endone per day, 4 Valium and 10 other pancreas related. . So I've dropped heaps, (actually too quick and too many, but docs wouldn't do it for me so I forced their hand.)
question is, a:) do you know for certain, ie you can back up with references, and the answer if there is one. Individuals I agree are different, but I assume amougth the internet stated stuff must be out there. I can't concentrate enough to do it myself.

thanks

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4057040/

sufermidge, you should talk to your doctor about the medication you are on if you have questions, and have your reg doc know about the changes in your pain mgmt meds,