• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone | Am I safe to go cold turkey?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
So, I have a bit of history with oxycodone and got back on it last sunday. I've been dependent on it 3 times now and went through 3 withdrawals. I know once you have a history of that, you can become dependent on it a lot faster.

So its been a 10 days, am I safe to go cold turkey or should I do a quick taper?

I wrote a long reply but my fucking phone messed it up. You should definitely try and cold turkey it, you'll get some symptoms becouse of your previous use but they shouldn't be too bad. I find tapering too tempting to just say fuck it and try and get high. There's loads of info on the site for helping with withdrawal symptoms, I recommend pregabalin or gabapentin if you can get them. Failing that some benzos, but use them sparingly you don't want to trade addictions. The psychological symptoms will probably be tough, just try and keep your mind busy. I find comedy films and video games help, but whatever your into. Good luck with it, you'll be feel shitty but it will get better.

I would do a taper....but tapering with oxy is never easy because you end up just saying fuck it and snorting the whole pill....try to get some suboxone

I wrote a long reply but my fucking phone messed it up. You should definitely try and cold turkey it, you'll get some symptoms becouse of your previous use but they shouldn't be too bad. I find tapering too tempting to just say fuck it and try and get high. There's loads of info on the site for helping with withdrawal symptoms, I recommend pregabalin or gabapentin if you can get them. Failing that some benzos, but use them sparingly you don't want to trade addictions. The psychological symptoms will probably be tough, just try and keep your mind busy. I find comedy films and video games help, but whatever your into. Good luck with it, you'll be feel shitty but it will get better.
Ehhh, psychologically I dont really have an issue. I dont get urges or anything like that, I've quit now 4 times. I purposely relapse because I know I can quit whenever I want. I didn't think that at first but with my experience I've proved to my self I can. Just was curious about what I'd experience on the physical side of things.

Taper if you can afford to, but I'd quit while you're ahead.

It's tough to be a weekend warrior, I always get swept back up in the ritual of it all and find myself scoring daily.