• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone after Suboxone

JagrPens

Bluelighter
Hi there! I’ve been off of suboxone for a week tomorrow. Took 30 mg of oxycodone and didn’t feel anything. That was my old dose from before the 5 weeks of subs. Any idea what’s up? Thanks in advance!

There's no way that it has any effect after a week. I've been on for many years and I'm trying to figure out how long I have to go after getting a oxy prescription after surgery. I would like to take it and actually feel it but I've been on three times 8 mg per day forever and just want to feel them a little bit. I was also looking for advice but I can tell you from experience you've got some other issue going on.

Generally suboxone stops opiates from working for 24-48 hours after taking suboxone. Are you talking about sublocade? The suboxone injection shot? Cause that lasts a month. You won’t get high worth a damn for at least 3 weeks at the soonest.
but if you took your suboxone orally you should be able to get high now.

Generally suboxone stops opiates from working for 24-48 hours after taking suboxone. Are you talking about sublocade? The suboxone injection shot? Cause that lasts a month. You won’t get high worth a damn for at least 3 weeks at the soonest.
Nope. Just the strip 8mg.

There's no way that it has any effect after a week. I've been on for many years and I'm trying to figure out how long I have to go after getting a oxy prescription after surgery. I would like to take it and actually feel it but I've been on three times 8 mg per day forever and just want to feel them a little bit. I was also looking for advice but I can tell you from experience you've got some other issue going on.
I’m just really confused. What else do you mean i could have going on? Maybe i need to do 40mg instead of 30? Someone said that the subs are at a high level and it will mess with your tolerance after if i am not say a heavier user than 30 (paraphrasing) thanks in advance.

There's no way that it has any effect after a week
I believe that this is not true. After 5 weeks of 8mg buprenorphine daily, buprenorphine could accumulate so even 6 days after not dosing it could still have some effects.

@JagrPens Buprenorphine may have increased your overall tolerance and if you took it at doses of 8mg for 5 weeks it may very well still linger in your system. Have you experienced any withdrawal after stopping buprenorphine?

Please test your oxycodone pills if they are not from the pharmacy and don't keep upping the dose.

I'm speaking from personal experience here. I really feel that being a heavy Opioid user has far more long-term effects than people tend to immediately realize. Basically, once you've been taking strong Opioids (Methadone, Heroin, Buprenorphine) chronically, I feel that your tolerance stretches in an elastic way, but it gets "stretched out" if you can follow my logic here.

After a decade of consistent Opioid use, I feel that my tolerance never went back to where it was. It has never been "the same" after being on dope->methadone for so long. My tolerance is permanently high for all Opioids. I've essentially been clean for several years, but I've used several times in that period. I've had Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) from a surgery, for instance. I used to be able to IV 4mg of Hydromorphone and it was enough to fuck me up considerably.

When I was receiving it in the hospital, the "magic" just wasn't there. It wasn't the same. I don't know.

I'm speaking from personal experience here. I really feel that being a heavy Opioid user has far more long-term effects than people tend to immediately realize. Basically, once you've been taking strong Opioids (Methadone, Heroin, Buprenorphine) chronically, I feel that your tolerance stretches in an elastic way, but it gets "stretched out" if you can follow my logic here.

After a decade of consistent Opioid use, I feel that my tolerance never went back to where it was. It has never been "the same" after being on dope->methadone for so long. My tolerance is permanently high for all Opioids. I've essentially been clean for several years, but I've used several times in that period. I've had Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) from a surgery, for instance. I used to be able to IV 4mg of Hydromorphone and it was enough to fuck me up considerably.

When I was receiving it in the hospital, the "magic" just wasn't there. It wasn't the same. I don't know.
Agreed. I was a heavy opioid user and then took bupe for the last 20yrs. Example: whenever I have surgery now it’s almost impossible to knock me out and keep me knocked out or to manage pain levels even with strong iv pain killers. I have such an extremely high tolerance now that it’s crazy scary. Kinda worrisome for when/if I ever make it to an oooold age and get sick. (Cancer/whatnot)