Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Oxy withdrawal

i8urpie

Greenlighter
Sorry if it's posted elsewhere I searched but couldn't find what I wanted. I'm on oxynorm 10mg 4 times a day. I'm also on fentanyl patches. If I stop taking the oxynorm but continue on the patches, is WD going to be difficult, or will keeping the patches & therefore still having opiates in my system help?

Hi mate,

The fentanyl pateches will certainly help the oxy withdrawals dramatically, how well though depends precisely on what strength patch you are using.

To make the process as WD free as possible, taking 3 tabs instead of 4 for 3 days, then decreasing to 2 tablets for 3 days, then 1 tab if once a day if/when needed for a week, then stopping should make it almost withdrawal free with even the entry strength fent patch.

If you need to take half a tablet, as they are capsule form, a good way is to dissolve the tablet in a medicine cup with 50 mls of water, then drink half and refrigerate the rest of the liquid (it will stay good in the fridge for at least 3 days)

Hi mate,

The fentanyl pateches will certainly help the oxy withdrawals dramatically, how well though depends precisely on what strength patch you are using.

To make the process as WD free as possible, taking 3 tabs instead of 4 for 3 days, then decreasing to 2 tablets for 3 days, then 1 tab if once a day if/when needed for a week, then stopping should make it almost withdrawal free with even the entry strength fent patch.

If you need to take half a tablet, as they are capsule form, a good way is to dissolve the tablet in a medicine cup with 50 mls of water, then drink half and refrigerate the rest of the liquid (it will stay good in the fridge for at least 3 days)

This. In fact, depending on the strength of the fent patch, you might not feel w/d from the oxy at all, 40mg a day isn't much on top of any amount of fentanyl.