• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxy to Dilaudid conversion question

msedward43

Bluelighter
Ok, I have a conversion question. Yes, I checked the conversion table and THINK I have a handle on it, but I'm not 100% sure I'm interpreting everything right. I MIGHT be switching from Oxycodone to Dilaudid soon , and I had a dosing question. I've kept my tolerance pretty low for years (30mg, chipping once a week)..... from what I'm LOOKING at on the conversion table and comparing to amount Morphine and doing some cross calculations, 30 mg of morphine = 20 mg of Oxy.... The same amount is equivalent to 7.5 mg (I think ... it says 7.5mg and then in parenthesis says 5-10 mg) is equivalent to the same amount of morphine (thus should be equivalent to 20 mg of Oxy) and converting 30mg of Oxy to Dilaudid would be about 11.25...

am I correct in my understanding of hitting the equivalent dose? or should I also decrease it a bit for lack of cross tolerance because I haven't taken Hydromorphone in YEARS.

Last edited:
The left collum I the mg of the opiate the right collum is morphine equvilent dose

That should give you a rough idea

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-015935.png
    Screenshot_20191110-015935.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 9
Please be advised, they are different in their effects concerning CNS depression, hydromorphone is much more cns depressing than Oxycodone. itsabout half the cns depressing as morphine is all while being as strong as morphine in other aspects, IT IS FOR THIS REASON WHEN CONVERTING OVER TO ANOTHER OPIOID THE GUIDLINES STRICTLY STATE THAT YOU SHOULD CONVERT THE EQUIVILENT AND THEN TAKE HALF OF THAT DOSE FOR THE FIRST WHILE. in a medical setting, this would be addressed in this exact manner THEN the dose would be titrated up til maximal comfort/relief was aquired.

stay safe, try a lower dose than the equivilent it's a different drug i'm being real here, oxy doesn't have near a sedative effect as dilaudid does, you're also much more likely to nod on an equivilent dose of dilaudid

~zonxx

Please be advised, they are different in their effects concerning CNS depression, hydromorphone is much more cns depressing than Oxycodone. itsabout half the cns depressing as morphine is all while being as strong as morphine in other aspects, IT IS FOR THIS REASON WHEN CONVERTING OVER TO ANOTHER OPIOID THE GUIDLINES STRICTLY STATE THAT YOU SHOULD CONVERT THE EQUIVILENT AND THEN TAKE HALF OF THAT DOSE FOR THE FIRST WHILE. in a medical setting, this would be addressed in this exact manner THEN the dose would be titrated up til maximal comfort/relief was aquired.

stay safe, try a lower dose than the equivilent it's a different drug i'm being real here, oxy doesn't have near a sedative effect as dilaudid does, you're also much more likely to nod on an equivilent dose of dilaudid

~zonxx

Danka, appreciate it. I'll make sure to do that out of safety.

well, crisis averted. Doctor is keeping me on my normal Perc 10s, so no need to worry about it anymore. whew.

Dilaudid is all about the rush, it has no legs(doesn't last as long). That's y it's only worth it if you are an intravenous user, it has a poor oral bioavailability too. So if ur not banging it it's a nay.