• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy ever turn on you out of nowhere?

AntiCy

Greenlighter
Started taking oxy about a year ago. Mostly straight oxy no apap. Built up a decent tolerance, about 150mg/day

Over the last week or so, every time I take them, I get crazy nauseous. And today I puked for the first time ever. And not super high doses for me, about 70 or 80mg.

So as the title implies, have these ever just turned on anyone? Tried to convince myself it was something else, but every day I take them I feel the same way, dizzy and motionsick basically.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I believe this is very plausible. My only experience with opiates is oxy/hydrocodone (and kratom). I have noticed that with the use of different pharmaceutical preparations of these chemicals, the effects can evolve. I have had Vicodin not effect me in any percievable way and also induce nod/euphoria within the same week's time period. I have seen it to relieve pain, and also to not help at all. The side effects, such as nausea, can present themselves in a random order. Oxy can sometimes be stimulating or relaxing. For me the effects of opiates are more unpredictable and less consistent than pharmaceutical amphetamine or benzos. The APAP content could effect this as well. Some who frequent this forum may completely disagree however.

The exact same thing is happening to me with Codeine. Just try a lower dosage it worked for me.

Started taking oxy about a year ago. Mostly straight oxy no apap. Built up a decent tolerance, about 150mg/day

Over the last week or so, every time I take them, I get crazy nauseous. And today I puked for the first time ever. And not super high doses for me, about 70 or 80mg.

So as the title implies, have these ever just turned on anyone? Tried to convince myself it was something else, but every day I take them I feel the same way, dizzy and motionsick basically.

Any thoughts?

I have a long history of oxy use, been on and off over the years.
Usually I only hear people getting nauseous or dizzy if they are opiate naive , first time, etc.

Maybe try eating something first. Even if you're not hungry, I use ritz crackers. Fatty foods help with the disgestion , supposedly they also pontentiate opiates. But I've never felt that, not with grapefruit juice either.

But what are you doing differently than usual?
Is it possible you're sick from something else and the oc is just making it worse?

If you want, I can hold your stash for a while til you get better. ha..I'm so desperate to find some these days.....and you're WASTING them by getting sick!

Just kidding

If you're tolerant and using for a year or so, then 150mg is about right. In my experience, anyway.

Perhaps take more time in between doses. I just remembered getting sick sometimes when I didn't sleep it off enough or just was redoing the same night without sleep. Maybe you're just at the point where you need a little recovery time.. like, more than 8-12 hours. Just a thought.