• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Oxy After Diazepam: Yay or Nay?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I wanna do some oxy ... but 23 hours ago I took 50 mg of diazepam. This may seem like a large dose, but I've been prescribed and taking it for over 5 years now, so I've built a tolerance. (Mind you I'm only scripted 10 mg of diazepam a day, but I don't use it every day hence I save them up and take more.)

So, basically, is it safe to take my usual oxy dose (Percs) 23 hours after taking that 50 mg of diazepam?

Thanks fellas.

You'll definitely be fine brotha. Just dont combine the two at the same time.

Diazepam has more like 60-100 hours half-life. I think it should be fine. It depends on so many things. Some acid-reducing medication can prolong the half-life and so on. It's weird.

I used Oxy, Tramadol, Xanax and alcohol in the same day. I forgot about the opiates, so I stayed awake as long as I could and I obviously dodged a bullet. I will never do that again since I don't really do opiates. I just had a very, very bad week.

After 23 hours, you should be fine. No problem.

My guess is that the diazepam is still running through your system. how much percs are you planning on using? maybe take one and see how you feel. but be careful with mixing benzos and opiates.

Diazepam has a very long half-life but not so much of a long duration of action. 23 hours should really have you in the clear unless you use heroic doses.