• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Oxcarbazephine with MDMA I need help!!!!

msTof3

Greenlighter
Recently my boyfriend was put on oxcarbazephine 300 mg for mood disorders has been taken this for 5 days now. We have done MDMA for a couple years now. Tonight we took MDMA my feeling of euphoria is the same as always, his is not the same. The only thing that is different is him taking this new drug oxcarbazephine. He is paranoid in a different world coherent but searching thru our home looking for clues taking everything out of the cubbards couches. He his totally paranoid seeing shadows hearing voices. I'm calm I'm sure from the MDMA but also worried. Has anyone experience this kind of reaction? Will this get better when the high comes down?

Oxcarbazepine is a serious drug, with serious fatal reactions like stevens Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. Be aware of any developing rashes or skin issues, the rashes can be fatal. I would go to the doctors at the first sign of a rash. These conditions are most common within the first few weeks of starting these drugs. The skin diseases are also most common when these anti-epileptics are combined with other drugs (because of issues with metabolism).

I would definitely consider going to the doctors especially if he doesn't get better soon, they should be able to test for the plasma level of oxcarbazepine and make sure its not getting too high. Try to make sure he gets some sleep and drinks some water.

Any questions are welcome.

Thank you for your information. I am watching him go thru our home still not being himself. Turning things over and looking for clues he keeps telling me. I have been telling him to drink water and keep giving more to him. I'm going to wait a bit longer and will have to get some help if this is not better. His shirt is soaked with sweat. I will also do some more research on the drug they recently put him on.

I imagine he will be out of it for at least another 24 hours because of sleep deprivation and the drug working its way out of his system, but don't be afraid to go in before then if you see any signs of medical issues or if the mental issues get worse. Try to keep him from overheating. Overheating and ecstasy is a bad mix.

Ecstasy can be many different drugs with different half lives unfortunately, so we could be dealing with a longer half life substance that will be in his system a bit 10 hours from now.