• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Overriding opioid overdose signs?

Novocaine

Greenlighter
Before I take opioids I take a large dose of different antihistamines (to prevent nausea and itchiness, and potentiate the opioids).

I take such a large dose that I get many antichlonergic symptoms like urinary retention, severe dry mouth, hallucinations and huge dilated pupils. Then I take the opioids.

Now if took a large dose of antihistamines and then took a large dose of opioids and I was found by paramedics unresponsive, would they immediately rule out a opioid overdose requiring Naloxone based on the fact my pupils were dilated (due to anticholinergic toxicity) not constricted (as typical with opioid OD)? When in reality the large dose of antihistamines has clashed with and overridden one of the main signs of the opioid overdose. So the paramedics would probably think it's something else and not an opioid overdose leaving me without emergency naloxone. What do you think?

Either way I have put together a medical ID which states to give me Naloxone if needed but to bear in mind my pupils may not be constricted, but opioids ARE in my system regardless. I've written a short medical history and mental health history. What time the drugs were ingested (I will state what time I took the drugs and write this down when I'm about to take them so the paramedics know how long ago), what the drugs are called and how much of each one.

I've also covered emergency contact numbers, allergies, prescription medication, hospital patient number and GP details. Is there anything else I should include on this medical ID so the paramedics are able to have all this information especially if I'm not able to tell them myself?

Bro! What the hell are you taking? Why push the limits so hard? Everything you mentioned sounded well thought out and would most likely be very useful for the paramedics. You should put as much thought in to not overdosing as you do in to being prepared to overdose. Be careful man.

Bro! What the hell are you taking? Why push the limits so hard? Everything you mentioned sounded well thought out and would most likely be very useful for the paramedics. You should put as much thought in to not overdosing as you do in to being prepared to overdose. Be careful man.
^ I agree! It would be much better to take less opioids so you wouldn't have to worry about this danger.