• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Overdosing on mushrooms, and being in a completely dissociative state?

SloppyGoat

Greenlighter
SWIM has a friend who is constantly taking more than heroic doses of shrooms (we're talking in the neighborhood of 30g, every time), and he goes into a total dissociative state. I'm beginning to worry that, if SWIM vomits, during one of these sessions, he might not even be aware of it, and that might be his last breath. If he can't even roll over, he's probably not even going to be aware that his airway isn't clear. When taking that many shrooms, this is a real possibility, right? It's not the shrooms that will kill you, but not being aware of whether it's safe to breath or not can, right? I mean, everyone vomits occasionally on mushrooms, especially when you're taking ridiculously massive doses. Am I right to worry that SWIM could be looking at a very real possibility of asphyxiation, without even having a sitter? SWIM is doing this alone, all the time.

We don’t use SWIM here, nor does any forum. You can speak first person.

This is a worry though, beyond that risk I have a hard understanding the benefits of using such doses regularly. Seems risky on body and mind.

-GC

No more SWIM? That used to be a big thing on all harm reduction forums. It's been awhile, I guess.

Yeah, I keep warning him that this will end badly, one way or another. He won't listen. I'm quite experienced with dissociatives, and this is a rather new thing, for him. There is no real benefit in taking such a heavy dose, that you come back with practically no memory of it. For me, it's all about controlling my trip. For him, it's all about losing control, completely. Will he know if he vomits, and whether he's lying on his side, or back? That's a problem, IMO. It's almost inevitable that he's going to end up choking on his own vomit, if he keeps up this insane behavior. :(

Last edited:
This is a possible risk, albeit an extremely unlikely one. I think that there are far greater dangers with the mental effects of taking such large dosages unless your friend is one of the rare few with a huge natural tolerance to psychedelics.

Is your friend taking 30+g of dried shrooms, or are they truffles or wet shrooms? Being able to get over an ounce of dried cubensis down in the first place is impressive.