• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Overdoseing

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
If you think you've took too much heroin and think you might stop breathing how long should you stay awake for I took a load about 4 5 hours a go to slee

Yeah man, if you OD you wouldn't be typing on here.

Though secondary things can happen (nodded so hard you choke on puke, etc).

I have been in this state so many times. If you dosed 4-5 hours ago I will wager you are fine. But if you want to be certain, do not sleep until you are feeling withdrawal (or it wears off).

Keep nodding off and making weird snoring sounds like my airway is obsruucted been a while now tho

Sounds typical, especially nodding off and waking yourself up snoring or gasping for air, you're probably right at that point in the spectrum before consequential overdose happens. Incredibly easy things to check are look at your tounge or lips, if they're blue, you need to Narcan yourself or call 911. Otherwise, unfortunately, once respiratory depression occurs you more than likely will not be conscious. The fact that you're involuntarily waking yourself up when you nod off is a good sign in terms of potential life threatening overdoses are concerned.

Sounds typical, especially nodding off and waking yourself up snoring or gasping for air, you're probably right at that point in the spectrum before consequential overdose happens. Incredibly easy things to check are look at your tounge or lips, if they're blue, you need to Narcan yourself or call 911. Otherwise, unfortunately, once respiratory depression occurs you more than likely will not be conscious. The fact that you're involuntarily waking yourself up when you nod off is a good sign in terms of potential life threatening overdoses are concerned.
I'm never satisfied with the high untill I hit that level tbh I just hate being too far gone if I've got work tho as can never really properly sleep in that in between stage and I work at heights off of a suspended cradle doing concreate repairs haha on the high rise blocks atm

That sounds oh too familiar. I used to work in the power distribution and electrical infrastructure industry, and I remember being up 50+ feet with testing equipment and praying I wouldn't drop something on someone after one of those nights where I couldn't sleep but just moaned all night long. I suppose that's the worst of it, not actually being able to sleep. But also, yeah, that was always my objective too, to hit that state that you're in.