• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Overdosed (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Vapor

Greenlighter
I've been taking Crystal meth for the first time, dose between 60-90mg. I enjoyed the first half of it.
I initially snorted 40mg and then next 20mg. A few hours later a unweighed chunk that looked like size 20-30mg (also snorted)

After taking the last dose I went fine for a couple more hours. Then I got palpitations, heave breathing (no hyperventilating) it was in response to the heart. Now I'm 20 hours further and the problems havent stopped, do know that itś not like every minute when this happens.

My heart somehow screams for more oxygen.
I think its due to the vasoconsatriction. When should the vasoconstriction stop given the dose and that its been 20hours ago.

caveat: i'm not a doctor. if you're worried about your well being and/or imminent demise you should *go to the ER* and seek medical attention.

but

given the half life of meth and time elapsed since your last dose, i think you're in the clear in terms of OD. if you're on SSNRIs you could be experiencing a drug interaction (are your pupils different sizes?), though were that the case it would have manifested much sooner. eating properly and hydrating are important and easy to forget, so catch up if you've fallen behind in order to feel more passably human again. unless you have access to sedatives you're probably going to be awake for a while yet and feel more like pickled ass with each passing minute. once you finally and blissfully fall asleep, you'll do so in spite of your galloping heart. you'll awaken refreshed, possibly with an elevated heart rate, and definitely with the clear intent to never -or- immediately do meth again.

though awesomely informative, this forum can't administer medical treatment. nobody can plan for every eventuality, but the time to research "on meth is my heart going to explode" is probably before you are actually worried that your heart is going to explode because you're on meth.

Worried? Sort of in the spectrum of worrisome. But seemingly not worried enough by trying to sit it out for around 9-12 hours before posting here let alone calling a ER. Or maybe that's because I'm stupid, anyway it was quite scary and severe at times. Got the feeling twice of getting a spike through my heart.
What actually worries me is that it's still taking so long.

But fortunately their are improvements, the abnormal breathing has lessened greatly, thus vice versa my heart is more normal. But both aint normal in any way. Because I know theres a coming down phase of Meth. I'm in it now. And I never expected that I would have to surrender heart palpitations for walking from the first to the 2nd floor. Either that is a normal coming down thingy or it's just different for me.
It's probably just temporary but it shocked so Hey, here I am.

While I'm also not a doctor and my display of text is as much speculative as yours, I'm sure that all remaining problems (heart, breathing) are related to the vasoconstriction.
So I'm looking down my hand right now. And I see arteries with a diameter less then a iron wire. What used to be the size of 2 iron wires.
So it's now 22 hours since I started and 17+hours after the last dose.
Not sure if your hand arteries are a good example in this but would really like to keep the blood flowing again. The actual effects of the drug have worn off.

EDIT: I feel like a grandfather and im 23 :S

sounds familiar to me. gentle isometric exercises could help --squeezing a tennis ball, for instance. most likely you're just going to have to wait.

Have you slept? Taken anything to induce sleep or rebalance your electrolytes?

it's too late for advice in this situation but obviously doing a point of glass your first time was very unwise, and you gave in to the redosing urge over what your body was telling you, and this was your, first, time, doing, meth.... Now since Bluelight is NOT a hospital or emergency service, and every minute you waste on the internet is time you should be spending seeking immediate health care if you're TRULY overdosing, that's like me getting hit by a bus then demanding health care from people at the bus stop, it's not what you should be doing if your health or the health of someone in your care is threatened to the point of requiring hospitalization.

Have to err on the side of caution as this is a HR website and it's anti-HR to allow threads about someone who thinks they're overdosing when they should be taking care of the situation, not trying to find some loophole or cheatcode, there are none.

Don't mean to be harsh, just observing the severity of these situations and why we have to take these seriously regardless of whether you are in doubt, regardless of any dangerous posts suggesting anything other than immediate medical attention.

so in conclusion my advice: Try to relax and sleep and eat nutritious food, rehydrate. If things do not get better, or things get WORSE, seek medical attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.