• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Overdosed and was hit with nasal nalxone

Dopey845

Greenlighter
So I'll start off with saying hi! :) I'm new here, I always come here when I have questions about drugs but couldn't find my answer to this particular question. So a friend of mine overdosed, I gave her nasal nalaxone and brought her back. Afterward she had a bad taste of course do she spit but it came out red. Was it blood? If not what was it and why?
Thanks in advance!
And be safe everyone. Please.

I am speculating here but side effects of Narcan nasal spray include congestion, dry mucus membranes, and swelling or inflammation of the nasal passages. It can also cause precipitated withdrawal where runny nose, which may drip down the throat can happen. Perhaps when you administered it, you slightly cut her nose, or the dryness, swelling etc. side effects lead to a little bleeding and if she went into withdrawal, some of this blood dripped down her throat and she spit it out.

Anyway, it is recommended to seek care after using Narcan nasal, so if you do that, make sure you bring this up.

maybe a small rupture inside the nose that caused blood to drip down the throat?
seek professional medical help and make sure to mention everything that was said here