• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Overdose rates rising through Covid pandemic; AP Article Linked

Overdose deaths here are either the #2 or #3 cause of death now. I’ve never seen so many people in recovery who were doing so amazingly well, some for years and were leaders in the recovery community, all pass away in such short periods of time due to relapses. I think a lot of the people who had been clean for long periods of time may not have fully realized how drastically things have changed since they used last and unless you’re ordering from a DNM, you’re almost certainly not going to find heroin without fentanyl here or just how high the purity levels of street fentanyl and fentadope have risen in the past few years.

Overdose deaths here are either the #2 or #3 cause of death now. I’ve never seen so many people in recovery who were doing so amazingly well, some for years and were leaders in the recovery community, all pass away in such short periods of time due to relapses. I think a lot of the people who had been clean for long periods of time may not have fully realized how drastically things have changed since they used last and unless you’re ordering from a DNM, you’re almost certainly not going to find heroin without fentanyl here or just how high the purity levels of street fentanyl and fentadope have risen in the past few years.

I hail generally from the heroin capital of the East Coast, and yeah the dope is chock full of the stuff. There's no getting away from it. In rehab, other dope addicts constantly spoke about buying "caps", which were basically just little capsules of fentanyl. I never messed w/ the things, when I was an active dope addict (2018-2020) I always just bought it by the gram and such. Apparently even that is something of a thing of the past, around here anyway.

I personally had a meltdown during the pandemic, so I can see how it's making people struggle.

Apparently the fentanyl is in the meth too, as the article linked explains the 2 biggest killers are adulterated heroin and meth.